PDA

View Full Version : Spring fishing is here.........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Bass & Panfish seem to be getting started with May being the top month.

Stripers are headed north on the Sacramento River to spawn with April/May the peak months.

American Shad are starting to come in the rivers now to spawn with May/June being the best.

Plenty of spring-run Half-pounder Steelhead in all the valley rivers now with bugs hatching too.

Resident trout in the valley rivers are on the bight too. Lots of bugs hatching with this low water.

Some trout lakes will be getting going in the mid-elevations now with April/May/June being good.

Get a trip planned soon.........

Charlie Gonzales
04-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Hey Bill,

For the Month of April I'm offering an American River Special....

A full day of swinging for half pounders for only $250 for two people.
A four or five weight rod with a floating line and waders and boots is about all anybody needs to get into some of these hot little steelies we have in the river right now.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-02-2010, 10:43 AM
To go with Charlie you probably only need a 2010 CA fishing license. I think he would have everything else.

I would get out there now if you want to get instantly hooked on Half-pounder Steelhead fishing in the Lower American River.

For $125 each for a day on the A with a top local guide and good cook would be a bargain.

I am sure you can partner up with someone else here on this BB to go out with Charlie soon.

Today with this overcast might be very nice.

I am going to get a new fishing license and get out there myself.

Working is for the birds........

Scott V
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Working is for the birds........

tweet, tweet, tweet, darn it. I would rather be on the water with Charlie any day.

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-02-2010, 01:34 PM
To go with Charlie you probably only need a 2010 CA fishing license. I think he would have everything else.

Well, and a steelhead card.... LOL.

RobK.
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I understand the steelhead are really hot right now in Idaho . They say its one of the best years they've had for a long time . Some of our local fly fishers have been going to the Salmon river and doing very well .

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/steelhead/weekly_harv.cfm