PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Mike R
04-01-2010, 08:36 AM
I thought I'd post this for the sake of public knowledge.

A very hushhush deal is being pushed through, with the help of a California Senator (guess who??), that would allow the sale of approximately 4600 acres of land near the Upper Sac, including 3/4 mile of river, to a well known water district from the valley. The property in question is somewhere near Dog Creek, just upstream of the current extent of Shasta Lake, and is a mix of private property and public land (see where the honorable Senator fits in??). There is some loophole that allows the sale of public land without the slightest amount of public input.

I think it is safe to assume that this is another ploy to reduce opposition to the current effort to raise Shasta Dam. Not only will this deal cut off some great water to fish, but it will ultimately help seal the fate of the rivers that feed the Sac Valley.

Get your pitchforks and ax-handles ready!

Mike

huntindog
04-01-2010, 09:27 AM
I am sure they are doing it to help improve conditions on the upper sac, like they are doing on the McCloud...cuz they are really good people :twisted:

huntindog
04-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I want to know how it is that this information gets presented and nobody in here responds yet someone posts a picture of a dead striper and the world comes unglued? Just curious. Westlands, Feinstein, Metro Water District of So Cal, Et. Al. will not blink an eye about wiping out species, ecosystems and and northstate livelihoods. If you are not pissed off you are not paying attention. One dead striper means nothing compared to the carnage these assclowns want to reap on our fisheries. There, got that off my chest.

finefins
04-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Mike, I own 250 acres of timber right off the east side of the river where Dog Creek enters. I have received nothing in the way of notification, offer to purchase, zip. Are you certain there is substance to this?

Hairstacker
04-03-2010, 12:38 AM
huntindog, in my naivete, I didn't realize that getting upset on this board would help the situation up there. So . . .

Hear all, hear all, I am outraged! There, I've done my part. Feels good.

RobK.
04-03-2010, 07:41 AM
huntindog, in my naivete, I didn't realize that getting upset on this board would help the situation up there. So . . .

Hear all, hear all, I am outraged! There, I've done my part. Feels good.

i agree ,getting mad will make me do the opposite !!

huntindog
04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
point taken...i just think it is rather goofy what people get worked up over and what they don't get worked up over...i am hoping mikes post was an april fools joke as i have not been able to find any other info supporting it. regardless..westlands sucks arse.

Hairstacker
04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
huntindog, I applaud your passion and agree folks need to be outspoken when it comes to Westlands and what they're doing up and down the State.

As far as Feinstein, I lost all respect when I watched her performance in the senate hearings on assault weapons in the 90's. . . she wouldn't grasp that there's no difference between a regular semi-automatic rifle and one painted in camo. Ah well, different subject but same level of ignorance and politics first. :puke:

DFrink
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I wrote a letter to Feinstein about two months ago regarding several of her dealings with Westlands. I have yet to hear anything back... My poor wife is getting an earfull. There is a lot of information out there and I am trying to sort through it all to make sure my facts are correct. If they are, than I can't figure out why we don't hear more about this through other media sources?