PDA

View Full Version : Lost oar on Yuba

Randy B
03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Lost a Cataract counter-ballanced oar just below Sycamore Ranch on the Yuba yesterday. Willing to pay a $$$ reward to anyone who finds and returns it.

Thanks,
Randy

thekid
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
another reason to leave the boat at home. May be in the area tomorrow. I will let u no if i find it. good luck.

Randy B
03-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks much.

stevenj24k
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
i'd imagine one of the zillion people down there these days will find it... good luck

Reno Flytyer
03-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Hey Jackass...some people like to take boats. Save your holier than thou attitude for the negative neurosis club you must belong to. 95% of your posts are negative in nature & that act gets old quick. You obviously love yourself more than anyone ever could.
RFT

1flyfisher
03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I would get up there ASAP and either walk/fish down river or better yet float down and look for it. Before the rain hits.....you may be too late.
Check all the eddies and snags...etc...
When you get some new oars you might want to spray paint some orange on them. makes recovery that much easier. Then you can cover X miles down stream and know you didn't miss it.

Lost a Cataract counter-ballanced oar just below Sycamore Ranch on the Yuba yesterday. Willing to pay a $$$ reward to anyone who finds and returns it.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy B
03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
stevenj24 and 1flyfisher,

Thanks for the pointers. Won't make it back to the Yuba for a while. I kept an eye out for it the rest of the way down to the gun club, but didn't see it.

Thanks again.

Terry Imai
03-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I hope you were already on shore before you lost your oar. I always keep a breakdown oar just in case I lose or break my oar...

Good luck...

Derek Hendrickson
03-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Floating to the club on Thursday Randy and will keep an eye out.

Randy B
03-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Luckily I carry I spare breakdown oar myself, so didn't have any trouble getting down to the truck/trailer.

Derek,

It was lost at the bottom of the riffle/top of the deep hole where it is fast along river right and above the long straight section just upriver from the club. Climbed the little bluff above the hole but didn't see it.

Thanks again.