PDA

View Full Version : Sunday AM Feather Report

Hatch
03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I fished the Feather today fro first light till 9:45 (had to leave early to make some wives happy). Brought along striper neophyte Sean Morrison. Slow 1st hour then for a short time I thought I had hooked the big girl I am always looking for. Turned out to be a tail snagged carp in the 20 lb. range. Sean hooked, fought and landed his personal best striper a hard fighting 7#. I landed a 4# and a 5# to make it a decent morning. The Feather was like a class reunion of Kienes message board guys this morning. Met Tony B, and MAlbers beat me to the ramp, anothr boat with some members were fishing also. All fish were hooked throwing Sage 9 wts. loaded with Rio T-14 attached to several different olive clousers. I'll be back.

Hatch

SHigSpeed
03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a good morning! Then you got to makes some wives happy!! Was one of them yours?

Good times...

_SHig

albchen
03-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Where's the love for the carp? Nice to see the striper pics, but a 20lb-class carp ain't nothing to sneeze at either.....

Best regard,
Albchen

Tony Buzolich
03-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Nice to meet you guys too Hatch. I was surprised at all the fly guys out there this morning, sort of like the delta group. I counted six boats this morning with fly guys.

Now that the Sac has cleared most guys are heading over there. I hit the Sac yesterday at Tisdale and the parking lot was half full when I pulled out around noon.

Over on the Feather the water is very clear and still dropping so watch the end of the ramp if you go.

Water temps are at 58 degrees in both rivers and males are already spilling milt. Spawning won't be far off.

Mr. Striper
03-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Great report guys. I need to get up there. Are there any places to throw a fly from shore/wading up there?