PDA

View Full Version : Full Circle

Blueracer
03-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Well this evening I decided to change things a bit and hit the river with the 9' 4wt. Went 3 for 5 and got pictures of two. Full circle means, finally some photos to go along. All came on dry flies.

The first one jumped a few times and did some minor runs but when I got him in it didn't want to stay for a quick photo. It was about 13".

The second one was a little nicer but jumped four feet straight up out of the water after being hooked and came unbuttoned for an LDR after landing back in the river.

This guy was the third one of the evening. Didn't take long at all to land him.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xX-FJgNK6DU/S67dYbcAckI/AAAAAAAAAc8/OP17H_xXGFs/s640/31710d.JPG

And then this guy slurped in the fly about ten minutes later. He went 17" and was just about all I could handle on the 4wt. It made at least four or five runs but never jumped once which was probably what saved me. I had enough leapers on many other trips similar to this guy anyway that never made it to hand. On the long runs I would not touch the drag and just palmed him away.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xX-FJgNK6DU/S67dZB2Jh8I/AAAAAAAAAdE/Su2Y4DHCPeE/s800/32710b.JPG

I hooked up and lost one more before reconvening with some other flyfishing people that I began reliving the exciting evening with and no longer was able to concentrate on fishing.

Jgoding
03-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't know Bryan.... you mysteriously land the biggest fish of the day the 10 minutes I leave you alone..... haha. Glad you got one to hand, just sorry I wasn't there to make it easier for you and take a picture of you and the fish.

At least I got the one at the end to get the skunk off.

Blueracer
03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I am just glad you ended up returning because I was not sure if you had gone out already. It's all good that you weren't there.....but ONLY because it worked out ;) If the fish had popped off as I was trying to land it....then then we might be having some words. :D Ha! Just kidding. Glad we bumped into each other tonight. It was quite the pleasant evening.

Mr. Striper
03-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Another good report. You 2 got the spot dialed. I went out myself last nite on the lower section. Saw a few risers but, nothing like what you guys are seeing.

Jgoding
03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Oddly enough it was a lot slower last night. Maybe from the full moon the fish are feeding more at night and not so hungry.