PDA

View Full Version : Solano Lake - Apology and Information

Mike O
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
According to the email copied below, Solano Lake is not included in Putah Creek Special Regs. I apologize for my mis-information.

--Mike

Full ViewRe: Regarding Regulations Changes on Putah Creek/Lake Solano
To: Michael Owens <maodiver@att.net>; R2 Info R2 Info <R2INFO@dfg.ca.gov>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Owens,
Solano Lake would still be an excellent choice for your group to go fishing, and it is not affected by the new regulation. The regulations cover Putah Creek from Solano Lake to Monticello Dam and do not include the lake itself. The Freshwater Sport Fishing Regulations define a stream (including creeks and rivers) to be "a body of water that flows at least periodically or intermittently through a bed or channel having banks and supports fish or other aquatic life." The regulations were put in place to protect fish in the upper reach of Putah Creek so while fishing in the confined waters of Solano Lake you are not restricted to artificial lures and barbless hooks.
Just make sure your troop members are not fishing in any moving waters!
Solano Lake not only boasts excellent trout fishing, but also contains warm water species such as largemouth bass and sunfish.
Good luck on your fishing trip and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Sincerely,

Robert Vincik
Environmental Scientist
California Department of Fish and Game
North Central Region
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670(916) 358-2933
(916) 358-2912 (FAX)

Larry S
03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Mike:
Check pm.