PDA

View Full Version : Comic Intervention.

huntindog
03-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Things have been so serious in here I think we could all use some comic intervention so I give you this story from my weekend camping trip: My son and I wanted to go camping last weekend so we picked out a lower elevation lake that we had never been to, checked to see if there was a campground, and went for it. The location we chose was Collins Lake. For those that have not been there this is a privately run campground on a lake stocked full of big trout. The campground, as we later found out, is stacked full of people, one on top of the other (I will get back to that later). Anyway, it is whiskey tango ghetto, trailer park, industrial camping at its finest. I decide to stay and fish, it is just one night right? So we fish till dark-thirty, we caught some fish and lost one very large trout that my son got on his fly rod (that should qualify this story for the fly fishing board right). We put the boat back on the trailer and headed back to our campsite - there is a large party with a bunch of 20-somethings occurring 50 yards from our camp and I am thinking oh great, it is going be a long night. Well they finally settled down around midnight after a couple visits from the camp security guard and I finally got to sleep. At 1 a.m. I hear a noise near my truck; I get up and grab my flash light and some appropriate hardware in case of bad encounter. I then shine my light on my truck and see a guy, approximately 150 lbs, pants around ankles, riding a girl, approximately 300 lbs, also with pants around ankles, on MY TAILGATE. :eek: At this point I am approximately 20 feet from this young couple in love, all I could do was laugh and say "please don't let me stop you." They did the pants pull up shuffle while hobbling away. So, if you are really interested in an urban camping trip I highly recommend Collins Lake, if you are interested in any sort of peace and quiet, I highly recommend not going to Collins Lake.

SHigSpeed
03-22-2010, 08:56 AM
"Don't think about pink elephants, don't think about pink elephants, don't think about pink elephants..."

:-&

_SHig

Larry S
03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
huntindog:
Gives a new meaning to the term "tail" gate, doesn't it?
Larry S

jbird
03-22-2010, 09:09 AM
classic!!!

pgw
03-22-2010, 02:17 PM
..., riding a girl, approximately 300 lbs, also with pants around ankles,

300 lbs huh, I wonder if she had tattoos...like my Uncle Emil used to say, "get yourself a big woman with tattoos...you'll have shade in the summer, warmth in the winter, & moving pictures all year long!"

Paul

huntindog
03-22-2010, 02:19 PM
300 lbs huh, I wonder if she had tattoos...like my Uncle Emil used to say, "get yourself a big woman with tattoos...you'll have shade in the summer, warmth in the winter, & moving pictures all year long!"

Paul

300 lbs may be a slight exageration..but she wasn't small

mark
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
What do 300 lb women and motor-scooters have in common?..............

they're both all fun and games till your friends catch you riding one.

Great story. Thanks for the tip.

Hairstacker
03-22-2010, 04:40 PM
And all I ever expect to see are raccoons. =D>

:lol:

Darrin.Deel
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
brooks, that was your fantasy. not real life. including the catching of a trout.