PDA

View Full Version : Lake Almanor Hex Hatch Class

Terry Thomas
03-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Kiene's Fly Shop will be hosting a class on fishing the hexagenia hatch at Lake Almanor on June 18th. Long time guide and fishing instructor, Lincoln Gray, will be teaching the class at Lake Almanor. Almanor provides anglers with huge Browns, Rainbows, Smallmouth Bass, and Salmon. These large fish can be easily taken on a fly during one of the most prolific Hex hatches in the west. The school focuses on equipment, stillwater mechanics, casting for distance, and guided fishing. We will meet at the lake at 10 am and the class will run until @4:30 pm. After a break for dinner, we will meet again @5:30 to fish until @9:30 pm. The cost of the full day of instruction and fishing is $85.00. Anglers must have their own rod set up (5 or 6 wts.), waders, and float tube or pontoon boat. Students will also provide their own lunches and dinners. We will hold the class to not more than 10 students. You may call Kiene's to get your name on the list. Checks may be made payable to Lincoln Gray. You may also get more information at Lincoln's web site: www.stillwaterflyfishingadventures.com. Lincoln will be doing a presentation at our Kiene's Expo on April 17th. For further information or questions, please email me at hatcrek@comcast.net.
Terry

Terry Thomas
04-07-2010, 06:46 PM
There have been a few questions on where to stay and camp while in the Lake Almanor area. Here's a link to some campgrounds and R.V. sites.
http://www.plumascounty.org/places%20to%20camp/lakealmanor.htm

Scott V
04-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Here is where I am staying, it is the only place on the west side with places for RV's with spots left. It is about 1/4 of a mile from where the class is I believe.

http://www.plumaspinesresort.com/

Terry Thomas
04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Lincoln will be doing a presentation at Kiene's Expo on Saturday. Check it out; you might be surprised at the fly fishing qualities of Alamanor Lake. I believe that 5 of the 10 spots for the class have been filled.