PDA

View Full Version : Three days in March -

David Lee
03-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Thursday .....

Hit a puddle w/ Ted , we were in tubes . Bass didn't really want to eat off the surface (we are spoiled at this location ..... if you only get a fish to eat off the surface on 1 out of every 15 casts .... it is slow), so we switched off different bugs for mind-blowing numbers . I finally put on a pale Green DL Dragon and totally destroyed the Bass - finished well over 100 per .....

Friday .....

Hit a local filthy Striper spot w/ Ted and Lee S. - we couldn't get bit at low tide to save our bacon . Plan 'B' was to go back to the puddle and lay waste to the population - Ted fished out of the tube and was constantly hooked-up , Lee landed a fair amount from the bank , and I used a spinning rod for the village idiot (that's right !! ONE Bass from the same spot I landed 100+ the day before ....) . Came home for dinner w/ the boys and plenty of B.S. .....

Saturday .....

Slept in , made a huge breakfast , and hit some private water near Placerville - a brace of 2 lbrs. for Lee and I , Ted got a 10-incher . Better than a skunk anytime !!

A sweet three days with great guys , I am happy !!

David

SHigSpeed
03-20-2010, 08:16 PM
So I take it the Mexico Elbow is all better? :)

Sounds like fun...

_SHig

Hairstacker
03-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Right on David! Great company, willing fish . . .sounds like a blast to me, good for you! :D

Darian
03-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Sounds like great fishin' to me. :mrgreen: Guess I gotta get up off my arse and get out there.... :nod:

PaulC
03-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Right on David! Good to see you're getting out there.
-Paul

ted1
03-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Lots of fish, good good food, and lots and lots of flies. Good clean fun! Well, good fun at least.
David, I have the flies you ordered, and I tied up a few sz 6 Dahlbergs for those little guys, maybe they'll work on sunnies too.

lee s.
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
GRAND weekend for sure!!!
Thanks David. I DO have ONE complaint though as I have to visit the gym for a WHOLE week to work of the excess luggage we aquired from the great vittles you provided. YUM!
Well, tomorrow is off to the duaghter's in Spokane and try for some of her local northern pike and muskie that reside minutes from her abode. Yahoooo! :-)
Thanks again David, sorry about the back....
.....lee s.