PDA

View Full Version : Spring-run Steelhead in Lower Feather River

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Nor Cal guide and instructor Lance Gray sent me another recent photo of a client with a nice spring-run fish.

http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com/home.html

Lance guides the Lower Feather and Lower Sacramento Rivers plus a series of trout lakes in Nor Cal.

He guides on Lake Almanor (Hex), Baum Lake, Iron Canyon Reservoir and Lewiston Lake with pontoon boats and float tubes.

He also has fly fishing schools for trout on streams, trout on lakes, a Steelhead school and a Bass school.

Lance and his brother Lincoln are very close friends of mine and my wife Marilyn. They are real good boys.....

They will be at our Expo too.

neonymph
03-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Bill, where was that beauty caught? I'm arranging a day with Lance on the Feather.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Probably in the "low flow" section?

Mike R
04-01-2010, 08:16 AM
I really hate to rain on anyone's parade but that's no springer. There hasn't been much of the spring run yet this year, just a lot of small fish that come and go throughout the spring. With the steelhead runs the last couple years up there, I'm not holding my breath.

Nice fish, though. I wouldn't cut the leader.

See ya,
Mike

wjorg
04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Almost a spawned, not a springer. I'd have to agree. What beautiful regalia though!

speyfool
04-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I was on the Feather today. One of the fish I caught was dime bright. Could just about see my reflection in her. Not very big (under 15 inches), but definitely full of piss and vinegar. I caught another that was bigger (22+"). Not sure it had ever been to the ocean though. If so, it had been a while. Great fight.

wjorg
04-02-2010, 08:30 AM
The best part about the feather is the diversity of the fish you catch.

Mr. Striper
04-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Very nice fish

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I actually think there is a fair resident trout population in there too.

It's all good.........