PDA

View Full Version : Vintage fly tying and rod making chests

Randy gallegos
03-17-2010, 08:15 AM
I have two (2) flytyers /rod making chests for sale. One has a fold down fly tying hardwood bench to attach your vice to. This chest was handmade with all hard woods. Mahogany, walnut and maple. All drawers are are large enough to hold fly or rod making material. This chest is 16" long 10"1/2 wide and 16" high. It has side pockets as shown in picture for additional storage of material. It has a solid brass handle with brass corner protecters brass hinges and screws all hand fitted. A beautiful chest as shown in picture.
The other chest is 18" long x 10" wide and 11" high. This cape safe as it was called in the late 70's is made from northern red oak,has four(4) laminated soild birch drawers with egg-crate style dividers. These dividers vary from 2"x 2" x 2" to 8" x 16" x 3". There are 52 possible configurations in 2" increments. These chests can hold a variety of fly tying materials from hooks to body material to spools guides etc. All drawers have soild brass drawer pulls and classic milling profiles. Both chest are designed to be handed down to future generations to become a family heirloom. Both are in very good condition both were purchased by me in the early 70's. I have original paper work and instructions to help you figure out different configurations on the egg- style cape. Must see to appreciate how beautiful these are.

Call me at 408-926-2780 and leave message I babysit (3) three grandchildren so leave a message., or e-mail me gale gallegos @ comcast.net

I want $ 400.00 for both or 250.00 for the fold down bench and $ 225.00 for the egg crate style chest, however no reasonable offer will be refused.