PDA

View Full Version : World Championship of Bass Fly Fishing?

Hairstacker
03-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, here's an interesting item -- a tournament claiming to be the "world championship" of bass fly fishing:

www.bassonthefly.org

I noticed they've signed up RIO to be a sponsor. I don't know the background but it would be interesting to see if that claim has any influence on participation. . . .

Mrs.Finsallaround
03-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Well... it's a helluva lot cheaper to enter than ours... but, not sure it will be as spectacular. Will be interesting to see if anyone coming to ours from out of state goes to that one...

Darian
03-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Well,.... It's in Texas. :D Wow!!! The rules say that you might have to take a polygraph.... :confused: If all fisherman are liars, why would that be necessary.... :question: :lol: :lol:

Rickey Noel Mitchell
03-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Lake Fork is the Bass fishing mecca of Texas. I've always wanted to go there.
I wonder if they would let me use my kayak?

Bob Laskodi
03-23-2010, 07:58 AM
I wonder what the relationship is to our own Bass-N-Fly held in the Delta with KD, KH, JS, and more?????

k.hanley
03-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Say hey Bob,
They have no relationship with us. I just sent them an email to learn more about the event.

Robin,
"it's a helluva lot cheaper to enter than ours"...true... there also appears to be a limit to their payouts.

Darian,
The polygraph mention is in all the BASS Masters and FLW tournys. It's in ours as well.

It's interesting to watch the tourny scene continue to grow. We weren't the first in the nation, but we sure hope to be the best in the nation. It takes a ton of work, lots of refining, and in the end we hope lots of fun! Thanks for your continued support folks. I like the fact that Robin said "ours." We are indeed a FF family.
Cheers, Ken