PDA

View Full Version : KD will be at our shop on March 20, 2010, Saturday

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
He will be tying his Mat Rat which is a really cool bass fly.

http://captainkd.blogspot.com/2010/03/kienes-fly-shop-tying-session.html

10:00am till 2:00pm

PS: Kevin will have DVDs with him on how to tie the Mat Rat for only $10.00

These are the same ones that Jay Murakoshi is selling.

We will see if we can get some for the shop to have later.

Ed Wahl
03-11-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm planning of being there for that demo.

Bass blowing up out of seemingly inpenetratable weedbeds just may cause heart attacks.

Or soiled waders.

Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Captain Kevin Doran will be at our shop tomorrow, Saturday, March 20, 2010 from 10:00am till 2:00pm tying his Mat Rat.

You will learn about tackle and how to fish it as well just from listening to Kevin talk about all this.

SteveP
03-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I'll be calling for one of those videos!!!!!!!!

Steve

Jay Murakoshi
03-19-2010, 03:58 PM
I had plans of driving to Sacramento but I'm heading south. The warm weather has my fingers itch'n for some carp. We went to Millerton today, we didn't see any bass up in the shallows yet but there were a few carp jumping and swimming but not eating. I got some GoPro footage from the chest cam.
Yesterday, we saw a good number of bass and I would estimate some around 17" to 18" in length. Where? Ya have too walk the shoreline.

Jay

Darian
03-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Spent some time with KD and others at Kiene's today. Well attended and, as always, good conversation and a learning session. :D

The Mat Rat is one of the best lookin' top water flies and relatively easy to tie but the correct amount of bend in the shank of the hook and placement of same eluded me until today. It does make a difference in the rate of hook ups. So, when KD says the bend is subtle, be sure to listen and observe. :nod:

Ed even showed up with his new bass boat but no gear.... WTF :confused: :D
(sorry Ed, the Devil made me do it) :lol:

Ed Wahl
03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
:lol::lol::lol: I kept hearing that over and over today. Started with Paul at Discovery Park.

KD's an excellent instructor, that was an afternoon well spent, even though there was no fishing involved.
I think I picked up enough info on tying his Rat to do a serviceable job on my own. Turns out they're actually pretty easy to tie once you're shown how it's done.

Education like that is priceless, thanks again Kevin.

Ed

harryls
03-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Thank you Bill, KD and all you other bassers who participated in an informative session tying a very innovative pattern. I learned a lot and definitely got the bass fever goin'!
Harry

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Great Harry

Well, with this warm weather it is surely bass & panfish time.