PDA

View Full Version : October Yellow Fin

Jay Murakoshi
03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I have reserved a week in October for some hard pulling, mean attitude, yellow fin tuna fishing. Last October, we found the fish right off Punta Perico and the old Las Arenas Hotel.
For those of you who don't know the area, the fishing grounds were at the most 250 yards from land. I myself got tired and went to catching dorado. A piece of cake.
We had a visitor that no one really cared for "Hurricane Rick" almost made it to our play grounds but at the last minute, it turned East and headed inland, south of Cabo.

Here's the information:

Fishing Week: October 9 - 16, 2010
Cost: $1,550.00 per person - dbl. occupancy
7 nights / 6 days fishing

For more information describing what the package contains, go to my web site
www.fliesunlimited.com, click on baja fly fishing trips. This information will be the
same for the October trip.

I already have two people signed up. I will limit this trip to 8 people. A comfortable number.

This is definitely an exciting trip fishing for big football tuna. There are a few people on this site who has experienced this type of fishing

Thanks for looking

Jay

Darian
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Baja Sur in October is a beautiful time of year. Instead of the browns of June/July, the foliage is a dark green. New or enlarged arroyos appear and contribute to the warmer water temps attracting some large Yellowfin Tuna. Plus the Dorado are red hot. Didn't see many Frigate birds last summer (june or October) tho. :D

In October the air is more humid but lower temps while the water is much warmer than in June and very clear. It's the transition period from summer chubascos and potential encounters with hurricanes to the windy, late fall season. Altho we had a hurricane (Rick) brush by last October, that late was unusual. Actually, I really liked the scene/weather when Hurricane Rick passed by. At any rate, this trip is fun with lots of good company, fishing and food in the warmth of Central America. :D

While you're checking out Jay's website, you'll find a video of the trip last October.... :D