PDA

View Full Version : Illegal haul of striped bass

robdog
03-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry, I was a bit late in posting this story. It from the East Coast, but I am sure this type of thing happens in our waters as well.
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/news/news_021210.htm

Tony Buzolich
03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Mike,

What do you think about this as a possible aide in helping our cause here in California? Could we possibly enlist some form of Federal help through NOAA to protect the striped bass here? They are definitely a financial asset to the state's economic sport fishery business and are now being attacked on a big scale both by private water interests and through our own state government politicians that are being bought out by those with farm and water interests such as Resnick.

If we allowed things to happen like what is proposed on that AB2336 then there would be no control of the taking and selling of this resource. Add to this the already destroyed salmon fishery and there won't be anything left to fish for.

Maybe the Feds can put some heavier control on the taking of water which is destroying the delta and all that it contains before it's too late. This East Coast action might just tie in to what's going on out here.

Mrs.Finsallaround
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I know I'm not Mike, but I keep hearing they'll never protect the striped bass because they are not native and could be preying upon endangered species within the delta. :confused:

The "Guv" doesn't seem to care how much money the striped bass fishing industry brings into the state.... Which doesn't make any sense considering the state of affairs we're in. [-(