PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein (whine-stein)

Tracy Chimenti
03-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Did anyone read the Sac Bee Forum today? Editor Stuart Leavenworth exposed Dianne's ass when she made a claim that this was a wet-water year and Shasta was spilling! When he challenged her on this, she replied with, "Wanna bet?!," and then looked over her papers and had to admit she had goofed!

Good job Stuart, for exposing another lying (or ignorant) bureaucrat that could give a rip about our sportfishing future.

Tony Buzolich
03-08-2010, 06:49 AM
As of this morning's paper (3/8/10) Shasta is only 78% of capacity, Oroville is at 41%, and Bullard's Bar is at 65% capacity.

Tracy Chimenti
03-08-2010, 08:35 AM
... then this morning Will Durst is on the radio with another cute ad, saying there was so much water that there was a trout on the driveway!

Thanks for the figures Tony!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-08-2010, 09:33 AM
It's all about the money...........

Tracy Chimenti
03-08-2010, 12:35 PM
... like CSPA and the likes have the money to advertise on Clearchannel/FOX.

You know, it costs a little over $3500 for one month on a billboard in Newcastle. I always felt a hard-hitting message like... "IMAGINE... NO SALMON: VOTE NO ON WATER BOND/PERIPHERAL CANAL!!," would have one heck of a pay-back.

Tracy

huntindog
03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
i posted the link in the salmon and steelhead section but here it is again

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/07/2586543/feinstein-says-shes-no-westlands.html

Darian
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Tracy,.... I like the idea of the billboards. They certainly are a cheaper/viable alternative to the ubiquitous lawsuit.... :nod:

We're underestimating her if we believe that Senator Feinstein "....hasn't got a clue." She knows which side of the bread the butter's on and has for many years and elections. The real question is whether she's willing to back off on her position on water diversions from the Delta to save the agricultural economy of the southern San Joaquin :?: :?: :confused: Since water is more valuable being held as a commodity, big ag is selling water or water rights for massive profits to downstream users and retiring acreage. That certainly doesn't contribute to higher employment. :-s

huntindog
03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I do love that she said she was being "crucified" over her water proposal...goes to show she was hearing it from people like us. Hope she realizes she will not get a free pass on this issue.

Dean Y.
03-19-2010, 07:09 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-water-academy19-2010mar19,0,5467178.story