PDA

View Full Version : The Y

Paul B.
03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Any news from the Yuba? Just wondering if it's clear yet.

amoeba
03-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Any news from the Yuba? Just wondering if it's clear yet.

I was there today. It's clear-er, but not clear; probably 2-1/2 feet visibility, but some color. March browns were coming off ~3-5 pm, but not large numbers.

Not many people at all. No bites and minimal surface activity.

RJSFLYTRIP
03-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I was there as well today. There is only 2-3 of visibility at the bridge. But gets clearer down river. More like 4 feet by the time you get to Sycamore. Not lots of bugs but fishing was still good. Eggs, March Browns nymphs, PMDs nymphs were are successful.

Hope this helps.

Rich Leonetti
03-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Fished it this morning 9AM- til about 1PM-water clarity wasn't too bad. I missed nymphing and did see a few fish rising.... Didn't fish with any dies left the box on the counter...but I didn't see any skwalas... great to get out there. Going out on Thursday 3/11 will post a report then.

Paul B.
03-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Went today. Visability was about 3' The weather was beautiful. Landed two that took a wet (soft hackle). Lost three that came up for a stone fly imitation. All the fish were fat, strong and looked very healthy. Saw a few skwalas and lots of small may flies. The march brown hatch happened at about 10:30 and lasted long enough for me to tie one on. I think I only saw about a half dozen and they didn't spend a lot of time on the water.
Found more caddis cases on the rocks in the fast water than I have ever seen here!! Looks to be a good summer!
Not too many people fishing and only two drift boats in the am and one in the afternoon. Pretty good day considering all the flow changes lately. Cheers, Paul

Randy B
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I see the flows have been down around 1200 cfs for a week or so, any reports on the clarity? Thinking about going tomorrow after this latest front has moved through.

Paul B.
03-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I would if I could. Take some skwalla drys and some big may flies (wet and dry). Let us know how it goes. PB

Mrs.Finsallaround
03-13-2010, 06:38 AM
I'll be out there too! \\:D/

Floating with friends.... first time in a drift boat on the Y....=D>

Hopefully, I'll actually land something this time.:thumbsup:

Ralph
03-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Pretty murky this (Saturday) sunrise. Sparkly fry patterns were the ticket. Back home at 7:30 for a giant mug of black coffee and ready for breakfast.

loganmike
03-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Pretty murky this (Saturday) sunrise. Sparkly fry patterns were the ticket. Back home at 7:30 for a giant mug of black coffee and ready for breakfast.

My jealousy runs deep for your proximity to the YOOB!

lucky dawg!

DFrink
03-14-2010, 11:23 AM

I thought I was close, I too am jealous!