PDA

View Full Version : Mokelumne River

fj40
03-04-2010, 06:36 AM
What are thoughts on the Mokelumne river below Camache? At park below fish hatchery they ask for people not to wade in the river. I would not want to upset the fishery by wading this stretch but am also wondering why they open it to fishing this time of year. If it is harmfull to steelhead or salmon they should close it to fishing altogether. Do people wade it carefully or is it best just to stay away?

keith4him
03-04-2010, 09:12 PM
What are thoughts on the Mokelumne river below Camache? At park below fish hatchery they ask for people not to wade in the river. I would not want to upset the fishery by wading this stretch but am also wondering why they open it to fishing this time of year. If it is harmfull to steelhead or salmon they should close it to fishing altogether. Do people wade it carefully or is it best just to stay away?

The river is still open until the end of the month, so I believe it is Ok. We fished it on Monday, only waded a little as the River was very cold. We had a blast and caught and released a lot of those small juvenile fish.