PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake with T.U. TV

Chris Evison
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Filmed at pyramid Lake with the Trout Unlimited crew on mon and tues. It was fun being out there with the host Frank Smithurst. He had fished there 20 yrs ago and wanted to check it out again. Luckily the lake co-operated and had been steadily improving for the past 2 wks with some people getting some high # days (40-60 fish a day).

We have also seen more big fish than years past. Some locals have reported getting more than a dozen fish since opener over 10lbs. These locals consider anything under 10lbs a shaker in the past. This year anything under 12lbs they consider a shaker. Nice problem to have!

On monday Rob from shop got a fish just short of 12 lbs indicator fishing on sz 12 midge. The fish was biggest of the filming session and should be featured on show. On mon everybody got fish. We only fished for 5 hrs and 6 of us landed over 50 fish. Tues was slower with pressure change from incoming storm but we still got fish. Beware pressure changes do a # on these fish. Lowering pressure in front of storms usually means slower fishing. Rising pressure gets them on the feed and these fish chow and soon as pressure starts to rise.

South nets closes on 3/15 and it seems to be the place to fish but big crowd (over 60 ladders out on mon and tues). We got fish both stripping and under the indicator. Be prepared for both and pay attention to what is effective for people catching fish.

If you want to catch a truly large Lahontan-- Now is the time!!

leemar
03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Chris did you try any rainbow power bait? Just kidding and thanks for the report. Give Rob a slap in the head for me next time you see him.
Leemar

neonymph
03-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Chris, thanks for the post. Going up 3/7 thru 3/10. Little worried about weather changes. Can't be much wetter than here. Maybe colder.

Bull_Dog
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
I took a lead headed streamer in the back of the head in Brazil. It almost knocked me out. Last time i worry about the other fiherman in the boat. LOL

What a fish. It alomst spooled me. I have never seen anything like it. The fish are in Great shape to say the least. And the big ones eat small flies.

Maholo midges are on fire.

See you soon

Rob

Darrin.Deel
03-04-2010, 10:43 PM
rob,

red or green maholos?

Chris Evison
03-05-2010, 11:16 AM
D-

They are on alot of different stuff. Rob got his fish on a holo midge. White bead, black holo tinsel, red and silver wire, a little black dubbing behind bead. I got fish on 4 different midges. Hope this helps!