PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Fly Shop annual Expo - April 17, 2010

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Our annual Expo is always the Saturday before the "last Saturday in April", which is the old trout stream opener in California.

We will have tons of special people there again this year.

We just talked with old Jay Fair and he and his son Glen will be there tying flies and telling stories.

Jay and Glen will be guiding this summer on many Nor Cal lakes.

Scott V
03-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Jay Fair is going to be there, too cool. I have always wanted to meet him and hear his stories.

Jay Murakoshi
03-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Bill,

Great to see jay and glenn coming down the hill to attend the Fly Fair. Jay is such a cool guy and a pleasure to know him. Glenn is a spitting image of Jay, except 25 years younger - just the article in California Fly Fisher mentioned

I've had the day marked on the calendar since last year. This is always a great way too spend the day..... and to top it off, right after I'll be heading to Baja for a nice 12 week vacation.

See you in April

Jay (the other Jay)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks Jay M

We were shocked a few days ago when Jay Fair phoned us to see if we wanted them to be there again this year and Marilyn just laughed. She told Jay that we love having him and Glen at the Expo and they had an open invitation just like you and Ken and many other very special people who make our event a yearly success.

Jay had some issues with altitude so he moved down to Cottonwood for a while on the Sacramento River just north of us a ways.

Jay is into his 80s now but still tough as ever.

Jay Murakoshi
03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Bill,

It's a pleasure and an honor to be invited for the Expo. I love talking and seeing new and old friends, putting faces with the names and just hanging out.
Heck, today I feel like I'm in my 80's but hope and wish I can see those numbers in the future. All I want is to get out what I put into SS and my retirement. So that means 30 more years and I'll be in my senior years :-)

Jay M

OceanSunfish
03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
We just talked with old Jay Fair and he and his son Glen will be there tying flies and telling stories.

"Old Jay Fair" ?

Go easy there ....... <grin>

Bob Scheidt
03-04-2010, 09:03 AM
J Fair! This is good news indeed! Another opportunity for a really great time at the expo. He will definitely have a bunch of people wanting to visit with him, I will be one of them!

I'm jazzed, this is neat.

Also, I just got some really top necks from Whiting, I'll bring them to show you feather buffs in the flytyers section.

Bob Scheidt

k.hanley
03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Very cool news. Bill it's one of the best days of the year! Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Cheers, Ken

Lance Gray
03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I always look forward to the fair. It nice seeing friends and of course talking to Bill and Maryln. I can not speak for anyone else, but I will be there.

Lancehttp://www.lancegrayandcompany.com