PDA

View Full Version : Spun deer hair bass bugs by Mike Henle

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Saturday, March 13, 2010, Mike will be at our fly shop tying his very special spun and clipped deer hair bass bugs from 10am till 2pm.

This is a free event and if you wanted to learn how to spin deer hair this will be good for you.

**Mike is the son of 'coach Bud Henle' of Davis, California.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
If you want to see how to tie 'spun and clipped deer hair' bass bugs be sure to come see Mike Henle of Davis, CA this Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 10:00am till 2:00pm.

With this sunshine it will be bass time very soon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Mike Henlle will be spinning deer hair bass flies today, Saturday, at the shop from 10am to 2pm.

Hairstacker
03-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Sure wish I could make it. :( I seem to learn something new every time I sit in front of someone and watch them tie, and you just can't get those kind of insights any other way. Hope to hear folks are taking advantage of this one. :cool:

Darian
03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Went by the shop this afternoon and found Mike tying rubber legged, deer hair frogs. The hair on these bugs is either spun and/or stacked and is packed very tight. These frogs are tied with lighter colored hair on the bottom than on the top and each has a mono weed guard. Mike gave me one for fishing and my collection. :smirk:

Mike uses a new technique (new to me anyway) for tying in the rubber legs. He uses two steps to tie in some fine wire which he uses to tie down the legs. This session taught me, once again, there's always a new way to skin a cat.... :nod:

BTW, Mike's a great guy to sit and talk too while he's tying. Doesn't even seem like he's distracted by it.... :lol: Good way to spend an afternoon. 8-) 8-) 8-)