PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Guideline Day March 6th

Jasonh
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Kiene's Fly Shop is proud to announce that we will be hosting a Guideline Fly Fishing Day with Jack Cook of Guideline/Steelhead Anglers. Jack is the US distributor for Guideline Fly Fishing, a top steelhead fisherman, and an excellent Scandinavian caster. He will have a variety of Guideline rods, reels, and lines for all to demo including Guidelines act4, exp3, lpxe, lecie, single-hand, switch rods, and two-hand rods for all to try.

Saturday's Casting Demonstration Schedule

10am: Underhand Casting by Jack Cook

11am: Shooting heads on single-hand rods with big flies by Robert Ketley

1pm: Switch rods with shooting head by Jack Cook

2pm: Tips and tricks with Scandinavian shooting heads by Jack Cook

Stop by Watt Ave River Access below the bridge from 10am-2pm to demo the latest Guideline gear, and learn a few new things from Jack Cook and Robert Ketley. If you have any questions about the event feel free to call us at the shop (916) 486-9958. Toll free: 1-800-400-0359 We hope you see you there!

Don Powell
02-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for notifying us, Jason.

Mail ordered my first Waddington shanks to attempt to tie my first Intruder style flies from Jack's Irish Angler several years ago before Kiene's stocked them.
Got to meet Jack at Spey-O-Rama last spring- thought he was quite knowledgeable and downright friendly...
I'll certainly attend the Watt Avenue clinic and look forward to learning more about Guideline products and his tips on Scandinavian style casting.

Don't miss this one, spey masters, casters and wannabes!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
This will be a powerful free educational day for single-handed casting as well as two-handed casting.

If you are interesting in finding more out about Switch rods that will be addressed as well.

If you want to learn something that would help your casting and fishing skills be sure to show up March 6, 2010 Saturday at Watt Avenue Access @ 10:00am.

Bring your waders and raincoat..........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-06-2010, 08:52 AM
See you at Watt Avenue @ 10:00am.

Jason Hartwick and I will be down there too.

Lance Gray
03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I just wanted to drop a line to say if you made it out to see Jack from Guideline today you were treated to a very knowledgable angler. I had the pleasure of having Jack and Tim Loomis on my boat friday on the Feather River. It was great to cast all the different rods that Guideline produces. Play with the lines and fishing the innoovated products. It was a treat to have Jack's instructions and insight. I learned a heck of a lot. So if you made it today Great! If you did not, you missed out.

Lance
http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-07-2010, 09:21 AM
We had a nice group at the river yesterday and the event was very good.

I think everyone learned a lot and had a nice time.

Guideline from Sweden has some nice products.

Thanks to Jack Cook (WA), Robert Ketley (Santa Cruz) and Tim Loomis (our Rep) for putting on a great event.

Grampa Spey
03-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Jack Cook (WA), Robert Ketley (Santa Cruz) and Tim Loomis (our Rep) were excellent showmen and instructors. I got a lot of good advice from Tim in one to one discussions re my current rods.

I had brought my TCX 7126, aka Death Star, to the meeting as I was still looking for the right line package to go with it. I meet Greg, (I think that was his name) in the parking lot during one of Jack's breaks, and I told him about trying to match TCX with the right line and that Jason had recommended Rio's Skagit Flight 600.

"Greg" had a Skagit Flight 600 on a reel and one of Jason's sliced/diced/looped T14 sections attached. He loaned me the reel and line package to try. It worked for me, Jason and others who tried it

Then, I took off Jason's T14 tip and put on a 12' Rio Versi 7.0 IPS leader and went downstream. That was a little easier to cast and worked well for me a couple of other guys who wanted to try the rod and line. We really had to slow down the casting strokes versus the T14 tip. When we did the cast were excellent.

Thanks again for hosting a great group of experts and the opportunity to learn from others who do the Spey Thing on the American and other rivers.