PDA

View Full Version : A quick pond report -

David Lee
02-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Went out yesterday (2/19) with Ted .

We tubed a tiny pond , Ted used his 2 wt. , I used a 4 wt. . We started w/ Nymphs and landed a pile of LMB ..... switched to topwater and just killed 'em !

As for numbers .... I don't have a clue . There was not a two-minute period where one of us wasn't hooked-up , though . Not a one of those fish was over 9 1/2 inches . Still a scream to get them eating surface this early !!

That's it !

D.~

ted1
02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Ya, should pick up here in a few weeks.....................

Hairstacker
02-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Way to go David, that's really cool to be getting 'em off the top in February. :D As far as size, it does make me wonder how many others are out there who, like you and I, just enjoy being out there, wetting a line, and getting into 'em. Sounds like a blast to me, good for you!

David Lee
02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Way to go David, that's really cool to be getting 'em off the top in February. :D As far as size, it does make me wonder how many others are out there who, like you and I, just enjoy being out there, wetting a line, and getting into 'em. Sounds like a blast to me, good for you!

It was more than a little strange to see that # of Bass looking up at this time of year ! Nice ..... but kind of screwy .

Of course , it helps that we were at the 'idiot' pond - pretty much impossible to fail there . Kind of curious that last year , there were three sizes or year-classes (4-inch , 6-inch , 8-inch) in the pond , the largest yesterday was only 9 1/2 inches . Perhaps I will crossover to the dark side and bring out the spinning rod/plastic worms to see where the 'big' ones hide at ?

D.~

Hairstacker
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Perhaps I will crossover to the dark side and bring out the spinning rod/plastic worms to see where the 'big' ones hide at ?

D.~

David, if you go that way, may I suggest a Texas or Wacky-rigged 5" unweighted Senko in watermelon with red flake? Just lightly toss it out there unweighted right next to some heavy cover and let it drift to the bottom on a semi-slack line. Every 30 seconds or so, lift it off the bottom with a long, medium speed, upward lift of the rod tip and let it settle back down. I've heard this works. Really well. :lol:

lee s.
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
YOU da man David!!!
Gotta go find some crappies for dinner SOON!