PDA

View Full Version : Lower Sac reports???

robdog
02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Just curious about the lower sac. I have to go work in Redding on Tuesday & I thought I would checkout downtown Redding along the riverbank there :unibrow: I have read reports on the stream & it appears to be flowing at 3500 cfs out of Keswick. If anyone has two cents to add, the more the merrier. I will try to post something on my blog after wards, but I believe I will only get a couple of hours of fishing in. Not much for a first timer:\\

huntindog
02-12-2010, 06:44 PM
i heard reports that there were some caddis coming off...fishing should be good

MarcP
02-12-2010, 08:40 PM
The water is still very turbid. I put in an hour after work today and managed 1 fish on a golden stone nymph. There were a few caddis and bwo's around but not enough to get anything rising. Should be getting better through the weekend...

Marc P.

RJSFLYTRIP
02-12-2010, 11:44 PM
If it is going to be as warm this week like the weather reports are forecasting then the spring fishing is going to start. My experience is that the first warm week in February is what gets all of those early caddis moving around. Get excited because good spring fishing is just around the corner. Try all of your favorite green caddis patterns. Various prince nymphs in 16, zug bugs, etc. Middle of the day is going to be the best fishing.

Hope this helps.

RJSFLYTRIP
02-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I fished the Lower Sac today and the fishing was really good. Lots of caddis in the middle of the day. That caddis hatch really got those fish grabby. So if you are going to be there on Tuesday then expect good things. The fishing was best from 10AM-2PM. All of the standard lower sac prince nymphs worked well.