PDA

View Full Version : Save the Salmon!

SFMike
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I just posted this in the Salmon/steelhead section. Sorry for the double posting, but I think it's really important!!

Senator Feinstein is on the verge of imposing federal legislation to lift Delta pumping restrictions. This will have serious impacts on our 2012 salmon run. Those fish are in the river as we speak, trying to make their way out to sea.

You can call Feinstein's office at 415 393 0707 and encourage Feinstein NOT to lift the pumping restrictions, and say why - that our runs are in critical need of both water and safe passage to the ocean.
You can also email her at this link:

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactUs.EmailMe

Use this letter:

Dear Senator Feinstein,
I am writing to let you know that I support the NMFS Biological Opinion, which favors pumping restrictions in order to preserve the Sacramento River's chinook salmon run. Our salmon runs are at historically low numbers, and without adequate river flows and safe passage to the ocean, they are likely to go extinct before long.

Please consider the plight of our salmon and our salmon-fishing industry before lifting any Delta pumping restrictions.

If you can take the time to call or email Feinstein's office, I think you'd be doing a good deed for future salmon runs and the health of the delta in general!

Mike