PDA

View Full Version : How Lucky We Are

huntindog
02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Livin here in Northern California is a pretty damn good deal. I grew up in No-cal but I have also lived in Montana and Colorado and people who know me and know how much i love to hunt and fish have often asked why I still dont live there. I just have to say we have sooooo much here, 365 days a year. It is Feb and while many people in Mt or Colorado are starting to think about fishing in a couple months we are fishing big rivers for big fish. Today, 30 minutes from my house, I got a fish that many people would travel around the world to get, a fish that I will never forget. Also, this week i have caught 4 different species of game fish....we are so damn lucky here. I know alot of people don't like the politics in Ca or they dont like some of the larger city influence but all i know is that we have it pretty good. ....just had to say that. Now i am going to go get some ice on my casting arm...

Gene S
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Dittos............Lived in Montana full time for a few of years. My wife is from Big Sky country. Beautiful country but you better like winter sports for a big part of the year. We now split our time between NorCal and Mt in order to get in great fishing year round. Just can't beat NorCal for the biggest part of the year when it comes to fishing opportunities.

john
02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Attaboy, Hdog. As wonderful as WI is, the thought of more fishing months, and access to more fisheries makes me drool.

GreggH
02-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Hell yes, great post and reminder. I live in Santa Rosa. 20 minutes from the ramp at Bodega,Russian River and SF bay. The Delta which arguably the finest LMB and striper fishery in north America, 1 hour.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-08-2010, 10:27 AM
In Nor Cal we have year round fishing for more species than many other places.

We are lucky........

Dave Neal
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Huntindog, you are on the money. California fishing is pretty diverse and there is A LOT of different options/seasons/species here. I believe the Nat'l fly fishing community & industry, overlook how good the fishing is in California.

Glad you had a great day on the water today.

Mike O
02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I believe the Nat'l fly fishing community & industry, overlook how good the fishing is in California.

And thank the maker for that!!

k.hanley
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
"I believe the Nat'l fly fishing community & industry, overlook how good the fishing is in California."

Dave that's one of the biggest reasons we started California Fly Fisher Magazine (many, many moons ago).
Cheers, Ken

craigfalk
02-12-2010, 03:19 PM
I've been to OR, MT, and CO the last couple of summers. It's been fun, but I actually look forward to returning to Nor Cal to our many rivers. It always seems more crowded when I'm fishing out of state. Maybe that's because fishermen there have to cram all their fishing into half a year (at the most). At any rate, thanks for the reminder, I too am very thankful.