PDA

View Full Version : Simms G3 Convertible waders

Fish Guru
02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm in the market for new waders after destroying mine over the weekend and found these for under 300, seems like a gooddeal but I waswondering if anyone has any feedback onthese before i pull the trigger. I'm skeptical that the zippered portion will leak, but haven't really found muc feedback to see if this is warranted. Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

bonneville54
02-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Just bought a pair and really love the idea of "convertibility". I had the earlier version Simms made, the RiverTek convertible, and really liked the option of using them just as a pant wader...great for those hot summer days on small streams. They finally wore out so I bought these. As far as the zipper leaking....it really can't as it's only used to fold down and secure the top portion. Simms does make the G4 (I think) that has a vertical zipper...

I've used them about a dozen times so far and found them to be very comfortable. Having said that, I've found wader fit to be very personal...so go try 'em on. The suspenders are comfortable, I like the built in belt...so, yeah, a qualified thumbs up.

Darrin.Deel
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I have owned a pair since April and I have to say I love them. from April to September i pretty much wore them as pants and now I have been wearing them chest-high. There is no leakage at the zipper because it really isn't a seam, its more attached to the outside of the wader. I am harder on my waders than anyone I know and i have yet to get even a pinhole leak. my only complaint is when you are wearing them as chest highs you cant put too much torque on the straps or they will pop apart down inside the wader, nothing gets ruined you just have to put it back in, really no big deal. I also like having a wading belt permanently attached to the wader.