PDA

View Full Version : First Round of Stillwater Flies

charles
02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
These are my first attempts at stillwater flies for our local lakes this winter and upcoming season. I tried to model them after some of the stuff Denny Rickards does. What do you guys think? Please; any advice advice on how to do them better or different paterns is welcome. I am itching to get out on the water for those 20-30-40 fish days that I heard are possible. Thanks in advance for the help guys.
Charles

Ed Wahl
02-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Charles, you are so set up for 'Seco right now.

I believe the next derby is in March.

It's about time we see your pretty face out there isn't it? You'll just need to bring a grill. And some hot dogs. And some beer.

For the 30 to 40 fish days you've just got to pay attention to rumors and chase down as many as you can.

Fishing is 90% luck, but you can pad that last 10% by listening to everything you can and being ready to jump at the drop of a hat.

Fuller last summer and fall we had those numbers easy. One day Scott and I were trying to hook trout as close as possible to each others toons. While the shore folks were going fishless.

Don't worry buddy, you're on your way.

Ed

Your tube will make all the difference in the world for stillwaters.

charles
02-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Ed,
THanks for the encouragement and kind words. Very new to the stillwater game. I've been tying like a junkie trying to get a fix. I hope it pays off. Either way I look forward to fishing with you and the rest of the guys in the floatilla.
Thanks again,
Charles