PDA

View Full Version : Got a Job in Bristol Bay!

TaylerW
01-23-2010, 12:07 AM
got a job at what looks to be an amazing small family style lodge.
check it out at islandlodgefishing.com

its a decent boatride from dillingham AK

leaving june 3rd...

Paul B.
01-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Hey Taylor,
That's great. I hope you will post some pictures when you get there. Give me a call if you want to go fishing here before you go. Paul

Hairstacker
01-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow, looks very exciting and an adventure of a lifetime, congratulations! You might consider keeping a blog or diary of some sort. Keep us updated on how you're getting along.

Steelie-Stalker
01-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Sounds awesome! I'm sure they'll treat you well in that small family business setting, I know my lodge did last year. It was a blast and thats why I'm going back!

I'm jealous though, Bristol Bay vs. Ketchikan = World Class fly fishing vs. good but not bristol bay lol

Maybe in a few years AK west???? we'll see...

CONGRATS

TaylerW
01-23-2010, 08:23 PM
yea im really excited! and i have just started a blog, its not really interesting yet but its called

tail walker fishing

tailwalker.blogspot.com

westslope
01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Lucky! (napoleon dynamite style)

I feel very fortunate to have guided one season on the Upper Nush. Had the time of my life. If this is your first time fishing and/or guiding in that region, you'll be super stoked you made the call to check it out. I hope to get up there within the next couple of summers.

Have fun!

westslope

TaylerW
01-24-2010, 07:52 PM
yea the nush is just down the wood river from lake aleknagek..im looking forward to the 2 million fish run of sockeyes, i have a feeling im gonna snap my 5wt at some point in the trip haha

k.hanley
01-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Congrats LS! Stay safe out there. It's an experience you'll likely cherish for a lifetime. Nice going.
Cheers, Ken

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Congratz. I think I ran into you at the Expo when you were looking for waders!

TaylerW
01-25-2010, 12:30 AM
yea that was me......credit card didnt like the 400 pricetag on those g3's.....gotta get somekind of employment so i can afford going up there in the first place....

Scott V
01-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Congratulations Taylor, that is so awesome you got hooked up with an outfit in Alaska. All I ask for is plenty of bear pictures. I believe those opportunities will come up. Have lots of fun, I hope to see Alaska someday myself.

westslope
01-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Check with the outfitter your're going to work for and see if they'll provide you with some sort of gear and/or pro-deal to be fully outfitted by the time you get up there. It's worth a try before you drop the coin.

Mike R
01-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Congratulations Taylor, that is so awesome you got hooked up with an outfit in Alaska. All I ask for is plenty of bear pictures. I believe those opportunities will come up. Have lots of fun, I hope to see Alaska someday myself.

He'll have plenty of oppurtunites on the Wok and the Pak. Those rivers are infested with bears during the sockeye run. They get a little annoying...

TaylerW
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
yea i would like to see a bear but not up close, the lodge im at has never had an incident with a bear in the entire time they have been open. theyre bigger and have sharp teeth, im gonna keep my distance. and if one low holes me, there wont be any debate lol

Jet
01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Congratulations LS! It was nice meeting you at the show and talking about Alaska. Joey and I would like to take you up on your offer so we will keep in touch. If you have any questions about AK please let me know? You are going to have a blast.

Jet

TaylerW
01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
yea it was nice to put a face to a name...we will probably want to give it a month or two before we hit the delta, when the temperature rises a little bit it might be worth our time

akfishgyd
02-03-2010, 11:09 PM
if you guys want to see some pics of little striper with his BIG 'BOWS check out the website of shane kohlbeck at www.lowersactrout.com fishing report/ feb 2, 2010 and little striper's BLOG at tailwalker.blogspot.com i burned thru a bunch of pixels shooting all those pics of his fish.. AND he caught the biggest fish of the day too ... i shoulda pitched his butt in the drink for disrespecting his elder like that, outfishing me in numbers and size ... but i've got 4 months in Alaska to get even with the little Sh__ !! did I say that out loud?? this kid's going places.. i can tell from the abundance of his enthusiasm ... if i only knew then what i know now..

TaylerW
02-04-2010, 01:54 AM
thanks for the good words!
that was such an awesome day, hopefully we can get a few more of those before we head north!!