PDA

View Full Version : WTB inexpensive 7/8wt fly rod (I broke mine)

Digger38
01-21-2010, 05:19 PM
I live in Fallon Nv. so more than likely the rod would have to be shipped.
Here's what happened....I had my 8wt rod in the trunk of my car and it ended up getting snapped. It was not an expensive rod (Redington Crosswater) but it was my only 8wt that I had for fishing at Pyramid. I purchased that rod because I liked the way it felt better than any of the rods like Scientific Angler or the Fenwick fly rods that I tried for that price. I can only afford something in the $50.00-60.00 range that is in decent condition and I woud pay shipping costs of course.

Scott V
01-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I got one for you, it is a 2 piece. I have an LL Bean rod and another 7 weight that was hand made. One is stiffer than the other, the non stiffer one is too flexible for my likings. The LL Bean which is the stiffer of the two come in a case you can have that one for $50 or you can have the one not in a case for for $40. Those are both shipped price to you. I personally like the LL Bean rod better, plus it comes with a hard cordura covered case.

Let me know.

PM me.

andanb
01-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Your rod should have a gaurntee. Take it into the nearest fly shop they should replace it or show you how to deal with the problem.

andanb
01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I have sent you a PM

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-22-2010, 12:03 PM
The Redington 'Crosswater' 9' #8 - 2pc fly rod is only $59.00 usd.

I think they have a one year warranty but not really sure?

I can check.....

PS: At Kiene's we don't like to stock any fly rods that don't have the lifetime warranty so ours start at $99.00