PDA

View Full Version : SF bay diver hunt (YouTube)

GreggH
01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Maybe to funny for some viewers. If hunting disturbs you, DON'T VIEW. Thats my new G3 180 F 115 runn'n around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYVgGT5gdwY&feature=email

Tony Buzolich
01-19-2010, 11:46 AM
What does this have to do with ANYTHING pertaining to fly fishing? As for "funny", what? the pink flamingo's or shooting the duck in the water while it's trying to escape?

This kind of stuff doesn't need to be on a fishing board of any kind.
TONY

GreggH
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Some people hunt on this site. As for shooting the duck on the water, thats how you dispatch a duck thats been already shot. Keep your negitive BS to yourself. Bill Dance bloopers? Give us all a break.

Mike R
01-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Nice footage, Gregg. Those diver hunts look pretty cool.

Mike

Charlie Gonzales
01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
First of all I know Gregg is a respectable hunter and wouldnt disrespect the sport or his game. The pink flamingos and Spongebob are just a joke between him and a few buddies.
Its better to finish a bird off on the water than have him swim off and die in the tulies and not be recovered. And anybody who cant appreciate a bit of the Beastie Bros is just wrong.
BTW, had a great hunt this morning this morning for 4 Honkers, a speck, a snow, and five ducks. If I cant fish then Im gonna hunt.
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/BigValleyGuide/Huntin_pics003.jpg

Ed Wahl
01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow, looks like you had a great hunt Charlie. Way to go.

Ed

GreggH
01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
CG, thats beutifull. Fly rod and a shot gun? You rock fella!! Lets see where you stand at next years Bass-n-fly tourny. I'm gunn'n for top 5 "Look out Kiene, your in my hole" :)

Darian
01-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Saw this and thought it fit:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o31/jockscot/SoHowIsY.jpg

:unibrow: :unibrow:

Hogan Brown
01-21-2010, 06:57 AM
that is a sick video!!!! there was one or two crazy long shots there that dropped birds. Love diver hunts - had a few good ones this year on the Oroville afterbay.

Charlie Gonzales
01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Hogan, Im supposed to go hunt with Gregg before the season ends if you want to join me.

Jgoding
01-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Nice bag Charlie, couple sprig and wigeon and a hen mallard it looks like. Man, those geese look huge too. My brother and I typically pass on dark geese. We had some huge honkers fly over us at 35 yards this year and we were just like hey look, honkers......

Black Cloud
01-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Greg, get your head out of your rear end, that video is not funny.

TaylerW
01-23-2010, 12:57 AM
the video is great gregg! im not into hunting but it seems like you guys have an awesome time! dont listen to the haters their just turned off from that time they tried to shoot clays and had a 12yr old girl next to em snaking their clays cause they couldnt hit em!!

haha nice footage

coolrivertx
01-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Nice shooting! As for "what does hunting have to do with fly fishing", many of us actually use feathers and other materials from "harvested" game in our flies! Let me see - pheasant tails, buck tails, turkey quills, squirrel zonkers - the list is endless. What kind of dog was that - griffon, wire haired pointer, dratthauer (sp)?

BobVP
01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I hunt but I don't know what a Diver Hunt is?

Ed Wahl
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
"Diver Hunt"= hunting for diving ducks.

Kevin Goding
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
This year's been a tough duck hunting year. Only my third season really, but I can't complain too much, got my band for the season to put on the lanyard. However, couldn't pay me enough to go on a diver hunt, never had one that actually tasted good.

Steelhead Guide
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I was a huge waterfowl hunter when I lived in Oregon and have yet to give this state a try. Anyone have a place they don't mind sharing to get me back out there.
I have a boat and ground blind.
Thanks
T

Kevin Goding
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
The valley has some very good refuges to get started on. Just dont be afraid to get out and learn them, I'm sure plenty of people on this forum would take you out. Refuge hunting can be frustrating though, dealing with all the crap that comes with public hunting, but it can also be very rewarding once you figure places out. I was fortunate that a friend took me under his wing and taught me a thing or two about refuge hunting and the proper way to hunt ducks, as it provides a lot of free fly tying materials for family and friends.

thekid
02-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Some people hunt on this site. As for shooting the duck on the water, thats how you dispatch a duck thats been already shot. Keep your negitive BS to yourself. Bill Dance bloopers? Give us all a break.

your footage is garbage. This is a fly shop page. Send your hunting to cabelas. u can hardly call that hunting. get a hawk or a falcon to do your dirty work and leave the guns at home.

the kid.

huntindog
02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
wow...some people are a little self righteous
funny vid...keep posting.

Scott V
02-12-2010, 11:04 AM
your footage is garbage. This is a fly shop page. Send your hunting to cabelas. u can hardly call that hunting. get a hawk or a falcon to do your dirty work and leave the guns at home.

the kid.

Wow 2nd post on the board and your are alredy telling people what to do. You will do great here.

huntindog
02-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow 2nd post on the board and your are alredy telling people what to do. You will do great here.

Yah, i just looked up his profile...under the friends section it says "the kid has not made any friends yet" no kidding (pun intended) looks like he just signed up to sell his rod.

Ed Wahl
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Aww, let's cut the kid some slack. He's young. So young he has no history or profile yet. Don't you guys remember when you didn't know how old you were, what other interests you had, whether you were male or female? (Scott, I'm not singling you out here) Maybe the kid just needs some outside experiences to round out his outdoor skills. Maybe he needs some time for his sense of humor to mature.

So Kid, take a bit of advice from an old geezer. Get out and get a more rounded education in the blood sports. Fishing, after all, is a blood sport. You're sticking a piece of iron into a fish's mouth for christ's sake. Not to mention stressing a certain percentage of them fatally.

Ease up on the kid guys, some of you were young once too. Not me though.

Ed

jbird
02-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Hands down the biggest pile of steaming crap Ive ever seen on kienes forum

Dustin Revel
02-26-2010, 03:49 AM
and this is why i stopped posting... not because of the video (enjoyed i thoroughly) people are way to sensitive in these parts.