PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Fly Shop carries the famous Nor-Vise

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
We carry the Nor-Vise and all the accessories, especially the famous Norlander Automatic Bobbins.

YouTube video clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOf1ZYcXUo

Be sure to see Norm Norlander demonstrating his amazing system at the local sport shows this winter.

Norlander web site:

http://www.nor-vise.com/index.html

Look for others like Jay Murakoshi to be tying on the Nor-Vise at the shows too.

Jay Murakoshi
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Bill,

I've been using the Nor-Vise for a number of years now, along with my Renzetti Master vise.
For me, each vise has it's own functions. I practiced my days in tying up a wooly bugger in less than 30 secs and now I can do it. But for those who tie a lot of nymphs, I believe this vise should be on your desk. Norm now has the angle jaw set up along with the standard straight shank jaws. For tying smaller you will be using the smaller jaws.
The bobbin is what I like..... No more thread sliding to the floor. With the clutch system, the thread will stay at one location until moved.
You have to see Norm demo the vise at the show. When I first watched him tie on it, I thought "there's a trick to spinning the dubbing on to the thread" without wax. Or too watch him take the hackle and hackle a dry fly.

I have many and I mean many vises in my drawer but the Nor-vise is attached to my tying desk and is also packed in my travel bag - along with the Renzetti

Jay

Jgoding
01-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I love mine too. I have all the attachments too, except the dubbing table and light. Norm has some new videos out on youtube as well covering tubeflies, midges, dubbing brushes, and some other flies. I think I offended some people when I said I was thinking about getting a Law vise as a back-up.... some PM'd me like it was comparing a Honda to a Ferrari or something like that.

I was like yeah, maybe construction wise but what can the Law do that my Nor-Vise can't??? And can the Law do half the things the Nor-vise can???? Nope. I'll have to talk to David, maybe we can do a tying expo at Kienes next month and I can demo some of the techniques and the different Jaws.