PDA

View Full Version : We are expanding our fly tying materials @ Kiene's

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Please help us with any ideas about new fly tying materials that you are seeing out there so we can get working on it.

We will be trying to update and expand our tying materials selection all winter long.

This will include hooks, tools and all types of materials.

Let us know about your favorite books and DVDs on tying too.

Submit you suggestions here on the Fly Tying category......thanks.

Hairstacker
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Do you carry or plan to carry these eyes with stems?

http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php?store=feacraft&action=display&target=TL035

I always thought these would be really nice to dress up deer hair flies.

Rich Leonetti
01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I am glad to hear it I already love the products you carry for tying. I think more flashabou....getting my bass bugs ready.

shawn kempkes
01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
I would reccomend you get the video Make en swim by michael Frodin it is put out by guideline. He also has the fits tubes and turbo cones. One advantage of the tubing is it is soft and doesnt break like the HMH tubes you can find it here.

http://burns.idium.net/nordicoutdoor.no/9SVTFlI56n_d2Z-0ow_j1X9i_lF14lVBt6705hRnQYQ.ips?template=engWebsh op;pagesize=12

bcarson4374
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
A few things I cant live with out...

Tube Fly Components from Eumer-
Steve Farrar Blends- Just add H2o

DVD's
Nervous Waters - RA Beattie
The Rise
Red Moon

Books-
Anything from Chris Mann.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Do you carry or plan to carry these eyes with stems?

http://www.feather-craft.com/wecs.php?store=feacraft&action=display&target=TL035

I always thought these would be really nice to dress up deer hair flies.

HS

We have had those some years back. What colors?

Hairstacker
01-14-2010, 12:43 AM
HS

We have had those some years back. What colors?

I was always interested in the yellow ones but I don't know which colors others may prefer.

David Lee
01-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey Mike !!!

I used to use the small plastic eyes w/ stems , but they aren't made smaller than 4.5MM anymore . I found dome eyes (sticky-backed ones)to be a great subsitute . I use thinned GOOP to attach them ......

I think Kienes is pretty well stocked w/ tyin' stuff - the only thing I would like to see is a better selection of Wool/Sheep Fleece (most vendors don't carry usable Wool anymore , and that's sad .... because it is really useful stuff) .

David

Jgoding
01-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't know Bill, I come in and you guys have a fair selection of stuff. Personally I'd like to see more Whiting hackle but I know it's probably pricey and you don't sell it that quickly. Also heard Japan is getting most of the gold grade too.
Maybe some liquid lace/larva lace selections would be nice and maybe some of those super strong threads like power silk. The only other thing I find myself looking for is cements/glues and different applicator bottles. There are some cool phosphorescent head cements out now.
Some polypropylene yarn would be good too.... I don't think you guys carry that or at least I didn't see any last time.

Some of my favorites:

STS trilobal dubbing
Haretron dubbing
SF Blends
Awesome Hair
UV knotsense (loon has another product now, maybe it's just a bigger bottle of knotsense but they call it something different, but it's a bigger bottle of UV cure stuff for flytying).
Plasti Dip
Flexament and Thinner
Icelandic Sheep Hair
Electra flash
Ultra wire in the smaller sizes
GG 14/0 threads
GSP 55 Denier
Danvilles Mono thread-Ultra fine (clear)
Ice Dub
Nymph Skin (virtual Nymph)
Flexi-body (virtual Nymph)

Hairstacker
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
David, appreciate the tip! Don't know why I didn't think of that myself. :oops: I'll definitely look into 'em, thanks! :)