PDA

View Full Version : ISE vs. Fly Fishing Show

Bjorn
01-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I've noticed that some of the folks I'd expect at the Fly Fishing Show are headed to ISE instead. Anyone know what's happening industry-wise to see that change? Is the Fly Fishing Show in for a big decline?
B-

Ralph
01-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Bjorn-
The fly fishing industry has become a soap opera. I remember when backpacking, archery, tennis, and scuba industries went through the same period. Reps get rolled, hostile take overs followed by bankruptcy (everyone loses), boutique magazines eaten up by media groups, the list goes on. For an excellent overview check out http://troutunderground.com/2009/12/01/fly-fishings-trade-show-death-match-continues-only-now-its-afftas-own-partner-sniffing-blood/

Be sure to read the follow up comments by some of the industry insiders. Then go fishing - it's been great on some of the lesser known waters in your hood!

Bjorn
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Yeah, the industry seems to have more drama than a Mexican soap opera. I read TU's story, but didn't put it together with the Fly Fishing Show and ISE and California.

Wish I could get out fishing on any of my local waters... alas... not in the cards for the short term... not all bad though... I'll be in the Bahamas in 8 days.

Rob P
01-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, the industry seems to have more drama than a Mexican soap opera.

If only it had the same babes...

RobK.
01-09-2010, 03:46 AM
I also like to hunt so the ISE shows are WAY more fun !!
I also love to look at the wildlife paintings , prints and other art .