PDA

View Full Version : Velcro Crab Colors

Bjorn
01-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi all, I've been pretty happy with how my velcro crabs are turning out, but I'm wondering about color. Looking at actual crabs in Chico's book, several crabs are almost white, maybe a little gray. I know tan is a popular color... anything else beyond gray and tan?
Bjorn

Fats
01-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi all, I've been pretty happy with how my velcro crabs are turning out, but I'm wondering about color. Looking at actual crabs in Chico's book, several crabs are almost white, maybe a little gray. I know tan is a popular color... anything else beyond gray and tan?
Bjorn

Can you mottle your tan crabs with permanent markers to give them "cryptic" coloration?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-03-2010, 09:13 AM
In the Yucatan we use creme to tan for the light colored bottoms. Those crabs are small and almost white plus they move pretty fast.

For in the turtle grass and coral we use a dark green to dark olive color crabs. These are husky little crabs that don't move very fast.

I think they use lots more colors too but those are the ones we seem to see and use in the Mexican Yucatan and Belize.

Bjorn
01-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Cheers. I have the Caribbean Colors sharpie set, so I'll bust out some green and mixed.

B-

FISHEYE
01-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I am with Bill on this one. In Belize its tan or olive.