PDA

View Full Version : yet another reminder to fight for what we once had and will hopefully have again...

STEELIES/26c3
01-01-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.vimeo.com/8245848

OceanSunfish
01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
"Salmon fisherman can still fish, just not for salmon......." ?! Wow!

Tony Buzolich
01-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Those exact words are being said about striped bass as well. Fishermen can fish just not what they want to fish for. Insane.

If they get away with all of this there will still be water problems because of population growth.

They want to get rid of NON-Native species. Did you know that BLACK BASS are NON-NATIVE? Ya, let'um get rid of Black Bass too. Ever think about how much money is spent on these tournament in the delta and how much food and lodging is used to keep these things going.

What about TROUT? Brown trout, Brook trout, Kokonee? These are all NON-NATIVE too.

Hell, why don't we just get rid of FISHING then there won't be any WATER PROBLEMS, right?

The problem is TOO MANY PEOPLE for a given amount of RESOURCE.

Technology today is keeping us ALL living longer. The border control is a joke, and immigration is flooding our state with more bodies,,,,,, ALL DRINKING WATER.

So, what do you expect to happen? Get rid of people? or Get rid of Nature?

Geez, this really got me going this morning,
TONY

Tracy Chimenti
01-08-2010, 07:35 PM
...you're not suggesting retro-active birth control are ya??

I was listening to the Kudlow show on CNBC this afternoon and they were talking about how to jump-start the economy. I'm hearing it lamented constantly, and on this show as well, that the lack of water/infrastructure in the CA ag industry is hurting not only the state, but the country. At the same time, I'm hearing the Obama administration hang their hat on "doubling" renewable energy resources-- that would mean nearly 3% of our current energy need. Is everyone out of touch except us fishermen? De-salination is the key to our fishery's survival, but we need tremendous amounts of power and we can only get it from nuclear power plants. And it's clean. Neither side seems to have the objective of returning water to fish in mind. Disgusting. Tell all your friends to vote against the water bond and educate those who disagree. Hell, even the environmental orgs are in favor of the big straw. It's going to take some radical re-positioning of perspective with millions of voters.

Dang....

OceanSunfish
01-11-2010, 08:57 AM
...you're not suggesting retro-active birth control are ya??

I was listening to the Kudlow show on CNBC this afternoon and they were talking about how to jump-start the economy. I'm hearing it lamented constantly, and on this show as well, that the lack of water/infrastructure in the CA ag industry is hurting not only the state, but the country.
Dang....

Education is important.

Many of my colleagues and co-workers are in the greater D.C. region and I get asked constantly about our state's water issues. After they understand the situation they realize just how corrupt the CA 'water works' has been for the past 40 years. Furthermore, they understand how pure 'opportunists' have literally raped the landscape.

I had to give CNBC a break for awhile because I grew so tired of their lecturing and found that they are nothing more than another form of entertainment. All so called "news" on TV is nothing more than 'talking heads' preaching to their deciples furthering their convictions or beliefs. There is no conversion through their constant editorializations, but rather strengthening their core beliefs by way of lecturing, etc. Don't like it, switch stations to hear what you like, etc. The trouble is that they are talking about public policy and not sports or movies or music, etc.

Sadly, I think everyone knows the real problem with CA but nobody wants to touch the topic with a 100' pole. And, until decisions are made based on what is right with the topics nobody wants to address and not what will get a person elected, CA will continue to be ungovernable, IMO. And, our state's natural resources and ecoysystem goes down the drain.