PDA

View Full Version : Google map at bottom of message board?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
I noticed that here is a new world map on the bottom of the front page of the message board?

It might be something that Gregg Machel, our web guy, put there?

I think it shows where the people are located who are logged on to the message board?

Really wild stuff. Click on the map.

We average around 800 different people (IP addresses) who come to our little message board daily.

Thanks for looking and posting.

**PS: The Internet is a really unbelievable thing.

k.hanley
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
That's a very cool addition. I clicked on the map and the new page shows an expanded version (which you can control the view with your mouse). Thanks.
Cheers, Ken

Fats
12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
So why does it look like California is blowing up on the map?

Gregg Machel
12-29-2009, 02:27 PM
I did put this up, thought we could run it for a little while and see where the dots fill up.

Fats
12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I did put this up, thought we could run it for a little while and see where the dots fill up.

So what does it mean when you have the little dots "Exploding?" Is that someone logged onto the forum at that time or is it someone that is posting or someone that has just eaten too many Christmas leftovers and gone all "Monty Python" on us?

The curiosity is painful!!!

;)

Mrs.Finsallaround
12-29-2009, 04:05 PM
My guess is the ones that are "exploding" or "glowing" are members that are logged on , and those that are not are just guests? :confused:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Technology is just too much.......

Gregg Machel
12-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I believe the "exploding dots" are the active connections or those that have recently been active. The regular dots are just connections that have happened since I put this up.

rtb215
12-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Way too cool.

Ed Wahl
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
This is so cool. Looks like we have quite a midwestern audience.

Hey, mid westerners post up. I'm a transplant from northern Il. and like many others would love to get some reports from our native land.

Believe it or not, it's not all palm trees and beaches in California.

I know it's all frozen now, but some pics from seasons past are always good.(Just don't give away your spots)

Ed.......from Momence, Il.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-04-2010, 01:29 AM
If you double click on the map you can make it bigger.

You can make it full screen if you click on it again.

I can't believe how many people from all over the world have looked at our message board?

RobK.
01-09-2010, 11:35 PM
very cool !!