PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Warm

Jay Murakoshi
12-29-2009, 09:52 AM
I have 134,000 air miles that I need to start using. A couple places I've been looking at is Cancun (Isla Blanca), Mazatlan (lake El Salto) or back to Australia.
El Salto is during the show season, (for the best fishing) Isla Blanca season is during my prime time in Baja. I would like my main target to be snook. Not interested in bones or tarpon. Snook or permit.

Actually, I'm searching locations where Alaska flys too. Even thinking about reds down in the LA area. Have to find a sister airlines of Alaska to fly on.

I know a lot of you have fished these areas. Need some feed back

Jay

FISHEYE
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Jay, Alaska flies to......ALASKA! But it ain't warm. However, if you came here Mike and I would show you a good time but you would freeze parts of you off that you did not even know you had. Also, no snook since the last ice age. I should have fished for rainbows last weekend when it warmed into the 30s. I am thinking of going on new years eve but it is supposed to get chili again- down in the teens. When I think of you and wanting to be warm I remember going to Hawaii when they had record cold temps- or as the radio said- bone chilling cold. It was down to 50 and people were wearing down jackets. I was in a t-shirt and shorts and I was sweating like a pig.

I would go to Australia to answer your question.

Darian
12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Jay,.... Terrible thing to have to worry about (use of air miles).... My vote would be for Reds in Venice, Louisiana. It's one of the best places to fish for Reds in the marshes (skinny water) and inshore where the larger Reds are located. :unibrow: It can get cold there but not for long periods of time. :confused:

Also, there's the added incentive of getting down there before the marshes disappear. Since Hurricane Katrina, the marshes are being washed out into the gulf at an increased, very fast rate. Gotta get down there before it's no longer there. :-D

Next best would be Isla Blanca.... :-D