PDA

View Full Version : Money Shot! :)

SHigSpeed
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4191117505_86f93b6fc7_b.jpg

Took forever but it sure is sweet!

Hope to have another one about this time next year with six more mugshots on it...

_SHig

WhipperSnapper
12-16-2009, 07:47 PM
That's sweet. I envy you for being able to fish all those different spots.

Hairstacker
12-16-2009, 07:48 PM
That is really cool, congratulations! :D

jbird
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
What!??? They give you an award just for fishing in California? Hmmmmm......California here I come, right back where I started from, o----pen up those............. ;-)

Bob Scheidt
12-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Great effort Shig, It had to take lots of planning and repeated cardio workouts chasing those fish, congrats to you!!

Bob

k.hanley
12-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Well done Shig. You did the work. Many great memories I bet.
Cheers, Ken

Ed Wahl
12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Pretty impressive Shig.

Ed

Frank.S
12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Shig my cousin just called me and he got his yesterday. (He is number 131) That means I should be getting mine any day now. I think we may be the first ones to do it all out of a float tube. IGFA and the fly fishing federation both have there version and I think that we are going to try those next.
Since you and I are both done we should share spots:D
Frank

SHigSpeed
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey Shig my cousin just called me and he got his yesterday. (He is number 131) That means I should be getting mine any day now. I think we may be the first ones to do it all out of a float tube. IGFA and the fly fishing federation both have there version and I think that we are going to try those next.
Since you and I are both done we should share spots:D
Frank

Don't forget about the Wyoming Cutt Slam. I'd love to try that one some day.

PM'd ya!

_SHig

Frank.S
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Don't forget about the Wyoming Cutt Slam. I'd love to try that one some day.

PM'd ya!

_SHig

I have been doing research on that one, and we may go for it next summer. They are at like 600 people now.

Reno Flytyer
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Geezus Shig...no wonder your arm is falling off! Congratulations buddy!
RFT

mikel
12-16-2009, 10:19 PM
You have earned something to be really proud of...congratulations! Cool that you get such a nice reward for doing something you enjoy so much...-Mike

SHigSpeed
12-16-2009, 10:51 PM
You will notice, BTW, that the three last fish were caught ON THE SAME DAY. Woke up at 0-dark-thirty and iron butted down south and did a scramble. It was fun, though I'd like to go back and give it some quality time next time. After I get my second cert, my buddies and I are considereing going for bonus points by setting a 10"-12" minimum plus only using self-tied flies or something similar. All dries? Okay, even I have a limit. :^P

I doubt I'll be doing any double-up fish days except perhaps for the Goose and Warner next time. Hope to get a steelie this winter, and perhaps a coastal cutt as well? Gotta wait until Eagle thaws, and then a nice hike up into the Tahoe area for that resident stream morph LCT.

Fun stuff...

_SHig

jblack
12-18-2009, 03:04 PM
What I get no props and then you get #121 and I get #122 What gives? At least I still have #28. Russ still has not received his yet and left for Montana today. --J

SHigSpeed
12-18-2009, 05:58 PM
What I get no props and then you get #121 and I get #122 What gives? At least I still have #28. Russ still has not received his yet and left for Montana today. --J

MY FRIEND JBLACK IS THE MAN. WITHOUT HIS ASSISTANCE I WOULD STILL BE CHUCKING BAIT. LET THIS BE KNOWN TO ALL. ;^)

I got 121 'cuz I was quicker to ship. Odd that russ didn't get his though. I heard that DFG wanted some clarification on one of his fish, but it didn't sound like it was a dealbreaker. Hmm...

BTW, you got the Kern trio, McCloud, and Goose/Warner? Or did you mix in a stream cutt or coastal 'bow?

_SHig

jblack
12-18-2009, 07:04 PM
All caps -wow I am flattered. :p It was fun. I am glad to see you blanked out the streams. I did the mccloud, warner, and goose one. So that means one more maybe with the variations of species and the coastal. Maybe I will get lucky and some fishing for the Paiute will open up. :fish: Call me-- maybe we can fish or tie over my break.