PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Ops....

Darian
12-14-2009, 10:02 PM
OK guys,.... Here's an opportunity for someone who has too much time on their hands:

http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2394880.html

The link is to a SacBee story dated 12/14 seeking volunteers to serve on a group to determine what is an appropriate recreational use of public lands. 3 year commitment. Sounds like something bob Laskodi would be good at given his background.... :thumbsup:

Bob Laskodi
12-15-2009, 04:13 PM
This job actually has to do with determining/changing recreation fee's that are charged by Fed land managers. Since I am a prior USFS and USNPS employee I'd probably be disqualified any ways! Plus, I don't think they'd like my recommendations to abolish all fee's since many Fed agencies ain't providing squat for those fee's any ways (YMMV)!!! At least it was that way at the last USFS campsite I stayed at---$16 a night for an unmaintained pit toilet with no trash cans or safe water available-(never mind the fact that it's against the regs to charge for USFS campsites that don't provide those services any ways!!!).

Darian
12-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Hmmm,.... I thought there was more to it than just fee's.... :confused: At any rate, it's too bad you couldn't serve. I'd vote for fee reduction anytime.... :D :D

bigfly
12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I think they should visit a few other states, some seem to know what they are doing.
(Fish and game especially!) Camping shouldn't break the bank. Less people able to visit the forest, means fewer "green voters" or people who have outdoor appreciation.
At this rate, another decade or so and we won't be able to afford to use them, or even have access. "Locally, if you stay a month in a campground, you could have saved money by renting a house. I think E Abbey was right, first control the wilderness, then control the population! I know this sounds paranoid, get back to me in twenty years. I've spent whole-years inexpensively camping out, can't do that around here anymore, without "the man" getting you on radar. Enjoy "our" lands and waters while you can.