PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Seco 12-12-09

gene goss
12-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Got to the lake about 9am and just missed my photo moment with channel 3.....fished for about 2hrs before the rain and wind hit....got zipped....stop by the weight in station to see how many fish were turned in.....the smud guy said that 2 trout were turned so far, a 3 and a 4 pounder.....talked to a bait fishman at the weight station and he said that Lassen dumped a load of big fish on fri. and most of the big one's got taken out on fri.Hmmmmmmm......he said that a clear bobber and a yellow and tan woolly bugger was his # one flie.....i also taked to the kid that was driving the hatchey truck today about what kind of trout they were dumping.....he didn't know....he said these trout should stay a little deeper in the lake then what we been catching????????.... looking up Lassen Hatchery this afternoon i found this web. site on attractant http://www.tackletour.com/reviewcbgravy.html read the.... about crave baits

Fats
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I never could understand the appeal of standing on a dock shoulder to shoulder like that... to each his own! How often does the lack get stocked?

SHigSpeed
12-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm camped out right behind the KCRA truck! Damn, missed my shot at fame...

Hey Gene, were you using the "one fly" fly?

BTW, Seco has gotten 2 DFG plants so far, the derby hogs for these three days, and another DFG plant next week. It's going to be decent fishing I suspect for a while.

_SHig

p.s. I did pretty well today, but I did have to slide into the gauntlet and anchor to have a shot at the pods passing through. Seemed like as long as you play nice and cast straight at the bankies, and don't mind the bankies bombing your tube, it worked out okay. There was a bit of, ahem, escalation at one point when a fellow board member had his 'toon boarded by a clear bobber TWICE as he struggled to get a fish out of the weeds right in the fishing lane. Combat fishing is fun if it's not made into a lifestyle. Not something I want to do more than a few times a year - but I did grow up fishing with the rough crowd at "the Wall" at Nimbus Basin in the 80's.

gene goss
12-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Hey Shigg....i tryed all my favorites nothing was working....that must have been you that i saw setting right smack in front of the banker.

SHigSpeed
12-12-2009, 05:40 PM
If it was a red tube, yup! We played nice and we both got into the fish.

_SHig

gene goss
12-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey Shig.....i took this picture out on the water....is that you in the red float tube???

SHigSpeed
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey Shig.....i took this picture out on the water....is that you in the red float tube???

Yup, that's me. Don't see too many red float tubes around, especially with rocketlauncher rod tubes.

I'll be back at that spot tomorrow if all goes as planned.

_SHig

Scott V
12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Hope to see you tomorrow Shig, I will have the pontoon with the trolling motor, I plan to hit 4 spots and they are on different sides of the lake.

SHigSpeed
12-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Hope to see you tomorrow Shig, I will have the pontoon with the trolling motor, I plan to hit 4 spots and they are on different sides of the lake.

I'll pack a tow rope for the ride into the secret spots! Good thing about the tube is that it's easier to portage from launch to launch on the roof of the car than the pontoon.

Got my pile at the door. Only thing is one of the rods, though built on a fly rod blank, has an odd grip with some sort of trigger, and though the reel is round, it's much wider than normal, and has gear multiplication and a levelwind?

Don't fret, it shall be outfitted with the requisite "one fly", but it may be the only thing I can manage with my frail casting elbow... :-({|=

_SHig

Ed Wahl
12-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Tend to that elbow Shig.

Tendinitis sucks and lasts longer than you would think. It's very easy to make it worse too.

Like many here, been there, done that.

Ed

SHigSpeed
12-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Tend to that elbow Shig.

Tendinitis sucks and lasts longer than you would think. It's very easy to make it worse too.

Like many here, been there, done that.

Ed

How do ya fix it then? I dealt with this in my stripping arm last year. Fipper-kicker's knees next year?

_SHig

Ed Wahl
12-13-2009, 08:05 AM
How do ya fix it then? I dealt with this in my stripping arm last year. Fipper-kicker's knees next year?

_SHig

Ya gettin old on us buddy? :D

Only way to fix it is to let it heal up before it gets worse. You don't want that.

Ed