12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbrN9Zrf30o

SHigSpeed
12-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Hahahahaha!

_SHig

Scott V
12-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I'd like to see a fish put a round acorn on a round tree by jumping up and setting it down.

Hairstacker
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Scott, you sound skeptical. :D

Darian
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
That video reminds me of a fishin' story a buddy of mine told me about 20 years ago.... :-| He was fishin' out of a bass boat on the Delta in a slow water slough; workin' down the bank. 8-) Lotsa downed brush/trees in there. While he's casting towards one bank, a tremendous splash occurs on the other bank, causing him to turn to see what the commotion was. :confused: The disturbance was caused by a very big largemouth takin' a squirrel off a tree trunk that was extending into the slough. :eek: My buddy said he casted at the tree trunk several times without a response. :confused: Then he decided to fish on down the slough and come back after resting that spot. :nod:

After about 30 minutes, he returned to the spot and just about the time he was ready to make a cast, he sees a very slight disturbance in the surface near the trunk and the largest Largemouth he'd ever seen placing another acorn just above the water line on the tree trunk.... #-o :unibrow: :unibrow:

Ed Wahl
12-04-2009, 07:30 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's one of the greatest stories out there.

One from my Dad, told to me when I was at an impressionable age, in a boat on a quarry lake outside of Lemont, Il.

Fishing with Peas.

Did you ever try fishing with peas?

What?

Fishing with peas. It's an old indian trick. Works every time.

How do you do it?

Well, first you take a can of peas, open it, then pour them out onto the water.

Then when a fish comes up to take a pee, you grab it.

:roll::roll: Yeah I know, but I was young, and always fell for the bait.

Ed

Darian
12-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey Ed,.... "believe it or not", frozen green peas were the best bait for Opaleye Perch off "the rocks" in Palos Verdes Peninsula (SoCal) when I was much younger. The cost: $0.19 per box. Thaw 'em in a tidepool and toss some for chum.... Fish under a float about 6' down. Even caught Catalina Blues on 'em. :nod: :nod:

Ed Wahl
12-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Sooooooooooooo, when they came up to take a pee you grabbed 'em? :D

Ed Wahl
12-04-2009, 10:51 PM
I think what I like most about this clip is the guy's accent and his timing.

Both are 100% midwestern.

Ed