PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of this new fly tying scissors?

Iao Needle
11-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Has anyone heard of these new scissors? Seems like a cool product but wanted to know if anyone has had first hand experience with the tool?

I found the following endorsement:
http://maineflycastings.com/2009/09/14/sixth-finger-scissor/

oldtrout
11-24-2009, 09:59 PM
I purchased a pair as soon as I saw them.

I like the scissors a lot. I wear trifocals and once putting something down, like scissors for instance, I have trouble locating it again. Having the scissors in my hand makes finding them quite a bit easier and they do not inhibit my tying skills (or lack thereof) at all.

These scissors are one of those "why didn't I think of it" ideas that come along now and then. I heartily recommend the scissors, they work very well for me, are not pricey, they speed up my tying as I'm never looking for scissors nor am I putting down then picking up scissors between tying steps. They're great!

Darian
11-24-2009, 10:53 PM
I've seen something similar to those somewhere before under another name. The difference is the addition of the ring for a finger. I think maybe they were some type of optical scissors (Iris maybe :?:). Regardless, it's a good idea for some tyers.... :D

Tom Burton
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I use a pair of squissors that are very much like these but lack the finger ring. I love em...

Fats
12-08-2009, 07:50 AM
I've used squissors before... I didn't like them because I couldn't keep them in my hand. I like the idea of the ring. I won't be trying these guys out as I've found a style of scissor that I'm really comfortable with. They do all that I need them to do and I don't have to think about them at all.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-14-2009, 09:23 AM
http://www.midcurrent.com/news/2009/11/new-fly-tying-tools-sixth-fing.html

Reno Flytyer
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Fats...exactly right (IMNSHO)...what I got works & I see no reason to change. I'm all for new gimmicks, I just don't need this one.
RFT