PDA

View Full Version : "Rivers of a Lost Coast" in DVD is here @ Kiene's

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
This looks like it will be our all time top selling DVD at Kiene's Fly Shop.

It is a wonderful documentary style movie about the history of fly fishing for Steelhead and Salmon in Nor Cal for the past 100 years.

We are playing it all the time at the shop.

Many of our local fly fishers are in it.

We are selling them for Christmas gifts already........anyone who fishes for Steelhead and/or salmon will want this DVD.

http://www.riversofalostcoast.com/

Call us and we can ship them anywhere in the USA.

Open 7 days a week

Toll free USA 1-800-400-0359

Jay Murakoshi
11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I just finished watching the video. Boy, what memories it brought back. I started fishing the north coast in the mid '70's. Got to know/meet Bill S., Hollywood and a few others.
Like the movie mentions, you either liked or hated Bill S., you were a member of the "click"
or you were the loner. I remember seeing schools of big salmon coming up river but not like the movie featured.
Now I'm waiting for "Bass the Movie" and have to get a copy of Rise.

Great video watching for the "COLD" days ahead

Jay

pgw
11-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Bill,

Because of the availability of the DVD, my Christmas shopping is almost done.

Seems like at least 3 geezers from your shop contributed a great deal to the project.

Outstanding work.

Paul

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-02-2009, 09:17 AM
We got the ‘Rivers of a Lost Coast’ in last week in DVD. We play it all day long now at the shop.

We sold all 24 of them in less than a week. I have another 36 arriving this week. They won’t last very long either. It is already our top selling DVD of all times.

I could watch it every day. I think this will be much bigger than anyone will be able to imagine.

It documents what we had and what we lost which is very important.

I was lucky that I was in the fishing tackle business for the past 44 years and heard all the stories from my old friends who fished over there.

http://www.kiene.com/aboutus/geezer.shtm

Joe Patterson, our now retired Cortland Line Company Rep, actually inspired and helped lots of us younger guys to fish the north coast for Steelhead and salmon. In the draught of the late 1970s Joe was over on the coast calling on his accounts around Eureka, California near the Lower Eel River. After fishing there a few days Joe came back to my shop and gave us a complete "battle plan" with a map he drew on a brown paper bag. We were ready to go with all the instructions we needed to be successful. Thanks Joe......

My good friend Al Perryman took me over to the Gualala, Garcia and Eel Rivers so I could see the last years of those great rivers with him. Thanks Al.....

Joe Shirshac took many people fishing with him over the years, being a very generous person. I have been lucky to be able to go with Joe for years, staying in his trailer on great rivers like the Trinity, Klamath, Gualala and Eel Rivers when they were still fishing fairly well. Thanks Joe....

With the decline of logging and the removal of some dams now there might be a chance for the Steelhead to make a come back in Nor Cal, even in some small way.

**If and when I retire, I hope to be able to put a trailer on a North Coast Steelhead river and be there when the fish come in.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-03-2009, 02:27 AM
Just got in a large shipment of books and DVDs for Christmas.

We got 36 more DVDs of "Rivers of a Lost Coast" today too.

We can ship them anywhere in the USA.

Toll free 1-800-400-0359

Open 7 days a week

joshfish
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
just got done watching it. very interesting to see the way it used to be. i was born in ukiah and spent half of my child hood there. used to fish the russian river for trout all the time with my dad. too young to know what a great steelhead river it was.