PDA

View Full Version : Marin Headlands

Amador
11-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi Everyone, Just want to share an image I captured this evening. This is from Rodeo Beach near San Francisco. I used a .9 and a .6 GND to hold the sky back. Thanks for looking.

Chris

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Amador01/RodeoBeachMarinHeadlands.jpg

CODY
11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
WOW...amazing shot!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Wonderful shot........

Hairstacker
11-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Gorgeous! Love how you captured the rays of the setting sun on this side of those 2 rocks in the water. :cool:

Xnjb707X
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
awesome shot, thanks for sharing.

bolden
11-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Incredible shot Chris.

I am curious if you got any other shots with those outcrops in front of the sun. I am thinking that would allow you to get some detail in the outcrops and maybe only use one GND.

Amador
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Bolden- Capturing the sunburst was my intention from the start so I didn't take any shots with the sun behind the stacks, but I did capture a few after it set but I still wasn't able to retain details as the sky was incredibly bright. I recently switched from a Nikon D300 to a Canon 5D Mark II. One thing that I have been very disappointed in is the dynamic range on the Canon. It captures an incredible amount of detail, but with the Nikon I could pretty much handle any situation with a .9 gnd. With the Canon, I am often stacking a .6 and a .9. Off topic, but I am seriously considering selling the Canon and picking up a Nikon D700, or whatever the new upgrade will be. I am experiencing issues
on every shoot that were never an issue when I was shooting with my D300....and don't even get me started on the dreadful AF performance!

Thanks again for the comments.

Chris