PDA

View Full Version : Not Flyfishing

Dabalone
11-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Not related to flyfishing but we all have puters and feel I should give a heads up. I picked up a malware that totally took over my pc, I am no technician but know enough to build my own computers and set things up, no matter what I tried could not get rid of it. It presents itself as a spyware program called system defender, if it infects your machine it will actually install trojans and malware trying to trick you into going to their site and buy their product to get rid of the crap they put on your hard drive. It actually seems to wrap its tentacles tighter and tighter as you try to get rid of it.

Besides its constant pop up warning of stuff it found, it will stop you from using restore points, block your anti virus and anti spyware software from running, will not allow booting to safe mode, and eventually blocked my browser from using the internet. Bad stuff, its been around for a couple years but has morphed into an even more serious problem. I actually allowed it past my anti virus by mistake and believe it came from a health site I visited. My hard drive was old and probably needed replacing anyway so thats what I did, luckily I keep my stuff backed up on a external hard drive so didn't lose anything. Be careful with this one, its called System Defender or possibly could be called Windows defender also.