PDA

View Full Version : 8' Pram for sale $450

Jim Wright
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
8' Fiberglass Pram For Sale $450 BOAT SOLD

Includes storage box, battery box, anchor system and rod holder.

Will include a Die Hard electric motor for another $50.

If interested, please respond via email Jimjlw@aol.com.

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/what_fly/pram_low.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-18-2009, 10:02 PM
That will go very fast...........a great (famous) one man tri-hull fiberglass boat.

I fished out of one sense 1975. Many of had them......very stable.

The original hull was designed by Olympian Boats out of Seattle, WA.

Then is was knocked off by TP&L (Tom, Pat & Larry) Boats in Los Gatos, CA.

We sold them out of our shop back in the 1970s.

TP&L sold and became Outback Boats. Brian had an 8 and 10 foot model. He closed down.......

Then I helped Jack Keaton get it going again with the Keaton Prams. I don't think they are made now either.

I don't think anyone but the original designer Olympian Boats is still making them.

Jay Murakoshi
11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Definitely a great little boat. This pram is real stable, easy to load and unload, can even be car topped and the best thing is you stay dry. My pram weighs 65lbs. I've had my pram since the '70s, actually it's the same style that you'll see in the video "River's of a Lost Coast".
I think I've reglassed the bottom 6 times. Dragging it across the ground, rocks, levy's kinda wears out the bottom. Back in the 70's when I fished the mouth of the San Lorenzo river, I use to carry it from the parking lot, over the levy and drag it to the waters edge. From there, I would row up to the Buckeye Hole and anchor all day.

If I didn't have this habit of buying cameras (the GoPro 1080pHD), I'd be on that in a minute. I'd probably have to do some explaining to the wife on why I needed another pram. Ah yeah, one for each foot or one for everyday of the week.

If it's still around in a couple weeks, it could end up in my garage

Jay

PS...... I see it's registared. If you use anything to power any craft other than rowing, it must be registared. That includes pontoon boats with trolling motors. It could be costly, I know

Jay Murakoshi
11-19-2009, 10:16 AM
By the way, where's the pram located. And is the storage boxed screwed down to the floor. I like a removeable bench (2"x8") that sits on top of the sides

Jay

Jim Wright
11-20-2009, 03:11 PM
The storage box is fiberglassed to floor.
Location Dixon

BOAT SOLD