PDA

View Full Version : Rods - Powell, Orvis, Phillipson

Jim Ferguson
11-18-2009, 12:30 AM
I am down to two. The Powell has been sold.

1. ***REDUCED*** Orvis HLS Graphite, 2 piece, 9' 6" 9wt. Near mint. The rod shows no marks of any kind but the grip showns signs of having been held, at least. Don't know if it's been fished, but suspect not. Vintage would be 1989-1993. It was considered a high performance rod then. HLS stood for "high line speed", but is probably more of a medium-to-fast action compared to current fast action rods. Includes original sock and tube w/brass top. $100

2. ***SOLD*** Powell Graphite, 2 piece, 8'6".

3. ***REDUCED*** Phillipson Deluxe Fly/Spin Fiberglass, 4 piece, 7' 6". Marked DFS-76 for #7 line, 3/8 oz lures. They appear in the 1967 and 1968 Phillipson catalog but are not listed by 1971. Condition is fair and serviceable and as a 4-piece, very packable. The overall length in the tube is only 24". It has a short fighting butt on a black anodized reel seat. The wraps are intact and the ferrules are tight. Includes the original tube with a red vinyl cap, which is in rough condition, and original sock. There is only enough of the original label on the tube to identify it as a Phillipson label, but not enough to read it. I guess the tube did its job. $25

I'm located in Roseville. Let me know if you'd like to take a look or cast any of the rods. If you are out of the Sacramento area, I can provide photos on request.

Thanks,
Jim

Rich Morrison
06-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Jim - PM sent