PDA

View Full Version : small fishing boat for sale

Mike Churchill
11-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I haven't been using my little fishing boat much since my dad bought his big boat, so I've decided to create some space in my garage.

It's an early 1970's 12 foot 3 inch Gregor welded boat with an 8 hp Mercury 4-stroke. The boat is in great shape including a recent factory upgrade of the transom to handle the four stroke. It's a perfect one man boat and pretty good for two guys.

The gas motor is still under an extended warranty and runs great. Uses very little gas and runs smooth and quiet. Boat will hit 20 to 21 mph with one aboard and 14 with two. (I think the motor is a 2004 or 2005 but have to dig up the paperwork.)

Boat was rigged out just 18-months ago with a new custom Bimini top, a fish finder, an older Minn Kota trolling motor (front mounted), 2 folding swivel seats, gel battery for the trolling motor and fish finder, and rod "racks" for four fly rods (2 rods along each side of the boat), running lights, and foam flotation under 1 seat. Battery box under middle seat plus room for life jackets and other stuff. Gas tank, anchor, ropes, life jackets, trailer (with new LED lights), motor stand, oars, and assorted contents of my "boat box" included.

Registration is current but coming up on renewal.

$2300 obo. I will try and post pictures next weekend.

If interested, please call me at 833-7071 or email me at mchurchill@downeybrand.com.

Maybe Ed Wahl will give me a testimonial. He's caught a few fish out of it while we covered more water than he could in his pram.

Mike

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Does it come on a trailer Mike?

Mike Churchill
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Yes, Bill, trailer is included.

My dad insisted on the bimini top so he would be comfortable trolling for trout on Sierra lakes, then he went out and bought that big North River....

The bimini stays out of the way under it's nice cover for flyfishing.

Ed Wahl
11-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll give a testimonial Mike.

It's a great little boat. As a matter of fact, it can pull an 8ft x 4.5ft wakeboard upstream on the american quite nicely.
We really should have gotten a pic of that. My 28lb thrust e-motor on the Black Pearl just wouldn't push against the current last season at Upper Sunrise, so Mike and his dad towed me upstream, me just holding the rope in the stern of the Pearl. Pretty funny stuff.

That's a pretty powerful little motor, runs great. The boat still needs to be dinged up a bit more before you can call it a veteran fishing boat though. I don't think it's ever been draggged down a levee in it's life.

Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-20-2009, 10:47 PM
When you buy a new boat, new motor and new trailer it really adds up.

Actually all those accessories are really expensive too.

Mike Churchill
11-22-2009, 01:44 PM
It sure does, Bill.

We have well over $3000 into it.

I took some photos this morning and will try and get them posted later.

Mike.

Mike Churchill
11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I have some photos attached to an email. Anyone who wants to see them, please drop me a line at mchurchill@downeybrand.com and I will send them to you.

Mike

Ed Wahl
02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Last I heard he still has it so I'm giving it a bump.

Ed

Mike Churchill
02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Ed.

You're right, I still have it.

Between work and being sick, I haven't cared much about getting it sold for the last month.

I do have one guy who wants to take it for a test ride, but we haven't been able to arrange a mutually convenient time yet....

It's a sweet little boat, but I'd rather park my car inside than keep staring at a boat I use only a couple of times a year (because I spend all my limited fishing time chasing stripers from my dad's 20-footer).

Mike

Mike Churchill
03-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Still have the boat. Took it out on the American last week but couldn't find any hungry stripers. Motor still runs great--also, it was serviced late last Summer and this was the first use since.

Anyway, price drop to $2100. In another week or two I give up on my bulletin board acquaintances and put it up on Craigslist.

I have pictures I can email.

Mike

Mike Churchill
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Last call on the BB before it goes on Craig's list next weekend. Registration has been renewed and one trip made on the lower American. I will probably take it out on the Upper American for Shad soon if the fish arrive before I get a buyer.

Hey Ed, I gave you that tow last year when the river was at 3500 cfs. At the current 5200 or so you and the Black Pearl would be headed downstream to the rapid at a good clip no matter how hard you twisted the throttle on that electric.

A few guys have inquired by PM. I'm not ignoring you, but I don't log in to post or check PM's very often. Best way to reach me is at mchurchill@downeybrand.com.

Mike

Mike Churchill
05-14-2010, 12:54 PM
to the man from Santa Rosa.