PDA

View Full Version : small boat for sale

Mike Churchill
11-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I haven't been using my little fishing boat much since my dad bought his big boat, so I've decided to create some space in my garage.

It's an early 1970's 12 foot 3 inch Gregor welded boat with an 8 hp Mercury 4-stroke. The boat is in great shape including a recent factory upgrade of the transom to handle the four stroke. It's a perfect one man boat and pretty good for two guys.

The gas motor is still under an extended warranty and runs great. Uses very little gas and runs smooth and quiet. Boat will hit 20 to 21 mph with one aboard and 14 with two. (I think the motor is a 2004 or 2005 but have to dig up the paperwork.)

Boat was rigged out just 18-months ago with a new custom Bimini top, a fish finder, an older Minn Kota trolling motor (front mounted), 2 folding swivel seats, gel battery for the trolling motor and fish finder, and rod "racks" for four fly rods (2 rods along each side of the boat), running lights, and foam flotation under 1 seat. Battery box under middle seat plus room for life jackets and other stuff. Gas tank, anchor, ropes, life jackets, trailer (with new LED lights), motor stand, oars, and assorted contents of my "boat box" included.

Registration is current but coming up on renewal.

$2300 obo. I will try and post pictures next weekend.

If interested, please call me at 833-7071 or email me at mchurchill@downeybrand.com.

Mike

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a very good deal for someone.

I really like smaller boats for many situations.

You can use a 10-12-14 foot boat in the Delta if you don't go out on the big open water.

Hell, people float tube the Delta.

Mike Churchill
11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Bill, last year I fished around Frank's (from Bethel Island), the North and South Mokelumne and Hog, Beaver, and Sycamore Sloughs (from Wimpy's and Tower Park) with this boat. When out by myself, I could cover quite a bit of water.

Of course, making the turn from the Holland Cut across the southern end of Frank's to get to Sandmound Slough in a high wind and whitecaps was more exciting than I really needed.

Mr T
11-20-2009, 07:33 PM
That's a pretty good deal for that rig.

I have a buddy who paid 1700 for just that same merc 8 as a kicker motor about 2 years ago.

Hairstacker
11-20-2009, 08:55 PM
I have fished out of that boat once with Mike, and I thought it was a great boat. At that price, I think it's a great deal.

Mike Churchill
11-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for reminding me, Mike. I forgot to include our trip to Potato Slough in my list of places in the Delta I had taken it.

I will try and get some pictures up later.

Mike

Mike Churchill
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I now have some photos attached to an email. Anyone who wants to see them can contact me at mchurchill@downeybrand.com and I will forward them.

Mike

Mike Churchill
03-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Still have the boat. Recently took it out to the American and the motor ran great as usual.

Price drop to $2100. It goes up on Craigslist in another week or two...

Mike